Mark Kerr

tat2man5k

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
OK, before I get flamed, I used the search function and found a little bit of what I want to know.
I just finished watching "The Smashing Machine" for the first time. I've been wanting to watching it for years, and finally got around to it. Very interesting. The way it ended was with his loss to Fujita, and mentions that he and Dawn were married.
The questions I have are:
1. What is he doing now? I read through the search function that he was selling cars. Does anyone know if this is true, or if it's still what he's doing?
2. Is he still married to Dawn?
3. Does he still train?
It was a great documentary and I'd love to know what he's up to these days, and his Wikipedia page isn't full of current info.
Thanks in advance!

He lost a bunch. He's now a shell of his former self. Sad seeing what he is now.

I knew Mark growing up, but I haven't seen him in a long time. I'm really close to Jon Greenhaulgh, the guy who made the smashing machine, who keeps up with him from time to time.

I think Jon mentioned Mark is still married to Dawn. Mark is a workout nut, so unless he's really injured, I would guess he's in great shape still.

I know last year a friend of mine bought a car from him in AZ. Said he was very friendly and asked "If I ever heard of a guy named Mark Kerr, he said he used to fight MMA" and I was like WTF YOU MET HIM?!?! lol.
Most recent info I have

Off topic a bit but this has been bugging me for years now,

Didnt he go bald at one point? i remember seeing a pic of him with his hair gone (not shaven) then a while later it was all back like nothing happened.

Last I read he was a car salesman, also says on his wiki that he was studying a degree in pharmaceutical sales..ironically lol.

Last I read he was a car salesman, also says on his wiki that he was studying a degree in pharmaceutical sales..ironically lol.

Really? He needs to stay the hell away from that shit.

absolutely LOVE that documentary.

He has done a great job falling off of the face of the earth, I have not heard that name in a couple years now, last I heard he was selling cars.

Thanks everyone for your help...in response to an earlier post, I don't know about him going bald; in the movie he shaved it that one time but there wasn't any other mention of it. He seems like a very genuine guy and I wish that he would appear sometime. Hope for the best with him.

Haha he's fucking mark KERR he's probably selling so many cars he is making more than he did as a fighter.

I wonder what kind of dealership he works at...hopefully something high dollar, not something like "Kia" or "Daewoo"

fucking LIES the search function is still out of commission!FUCKING LIES! LIAR! LIAR!!!!

he and Dawn are kinda on-again off again, much more on than off.

they have the type of relationship that has a lot of things that are hard to forgive, but too much time and love invested to leave.

they share a child, and co-parent well.

he occasionally does some guest appearances and helps with workshops at mma gyms in az,

works out, rolls a bit, but is no longer the physical "specimen" he was known for.

very articulate and intelligent, humble, funny as shit.

awesome dude.

fucking LIES the search function is still out of commission!FUCKING LIES! LIAR! LIAR!!!!

No sir, not true...there were a ton of threads that came up when I entered "Mark Kerr" in the search. Plus, what reason would I have to lie? I train UFC just like the rest of you!

What the fuck do you mean you train UFC like the rest of us?? You mean train MMA?? NOOBY...

Back