Mark is 43yrs old, im amazed by his longevity

He looks and fights like a man in his forties.

It's incredible!

I'm sitting here wondering what the hell he is made of! He was KO'ed by a monster knee not too long ago, and now he just goes in there looking fresh and tough as always. Them genetics. He was just born to fight.

I used to really like him but no more. His constant moaning after the Lesnar fight really annoyed me.
He also said some nasty things to fans via his twitter feed, totally uncalled for.

I used to really like him but no more. His constant moaning after the Lesnar fight really annoyed me.
He also said some nasty things to fans via his twitter feed, totally uncalled for.

Youre moaning because you dont like someone for Moaning at having to fight someone juiced up.

K then.

Never relied on athleticism. Relys on technique and moving his weight around properly. Truly one of the great HW strikers.

He won the 2001 K-1 Gran Prix entirely by relying on his athleticism and chin. He developed his technical striking skills late in his career. He got schooled by the technicians he fought unless he could lure them into a brawl. Big fan of the guy though. Its impressive to make those kinds of adjustments and skill improvements many years into your career like he did.

Very few people are able to fight successfully in K-1, Pride, and the UFC. War Hunto!

It's a singularly impressive career imo. Granted, i'm biased as fuck, but come on. He's had 69 fights between kickboxing and mma. Sixty-fuckin-nine. And now, at 43 years old, he goes and stops a monster up and comer like Lewis.
He's been low- real low- in the past, but it really inspires me to see ol Hunto still sliging leather and being a total fuckin badass after all this time.
I started fanboying for him 17 years ago.

War Hunto for fuckin LIFE.

You know one of the main reasons he can still beat guys at 43? because he never abused his body with steroids or any peds. What you see is what you get with Hunt, he is a natural fighter. As the sport goes on you will notice the guys who never used steroids will still perform much better in their 40's.

No, just no. The term "athlete" and Mark Hunt don't belong in the same sentence. He's a prize-fighter.

He's a big guy with a heavy punch. That's it. In that sense, Butterbean is a great athlete.

He is incredibly strong and surprisingly agile in short distances

Athleticism is more than speed, he has crazy coordination and reflexes, he trained like 0 grappling until after he lost to mccorkle and then a short time later was hanging with Bigfoot Silva on the ground. Even when he was barely training grappling, he got fedor in an armlock

Shittt even he was barely training kickboxing and was a journeyman, then as soon as he started taking it serious he was knocking out k1 fighters

Very few people have the potential to do that

People saying he is like Butterbean just a big guy with a heavy punch, no. I have actually seen Butterbean fight live in boxing event, he was like 62-1 record at that time and in his prime, I can assure you he did not only have a big punch, he knew how to slip punches properly and also he had very good timing. He was a very well trained boxer.

NO you have to be samoan... this is a genetic freek thing

The Samoan population is under 200k people. The size of a small city.

Back