Mark Hunt vs. Roy Nelson expected to headline UFC Fight Night 51 in Japan

Glad Hunt is stepping into the octagon after ducking Schaub.

He didn't duck him. They were supposed to fight on the New Zealand card but Hunt's hand hasn't recovered from the Bigfoot fight yet.

Great fight.

Honestly can't think of a more exciting fight for each.

He didn't forget, but he was never a good submission artist, in fact he only has one submission win over someone with a winning record. He's a good grappler, but he was no (significant) chance of submitting Hunt.

About Nelson only having one submission over a fighter with a wining record, that doesn't make Hunt immune from submission, Hunt is one fight over .500 at 9-8-1 and he very well couldve lost the fight vs Bigfoot so I don't consider him a fighter with a winning record.

Nelson v Hunt
Shogun v Glover or Lil Nog (when he pulls out)
Gomi v Lauzon
Reem v Barnett

Invite Cro Cop and Fedor to attend.

About Nelson only having one submission over a fighter with a wining record, that doesn't make Hunt immune from submission, Hunt is one fight over .500 at 9-8-1 and he very well couldve lost the fight vs Bigfoot so I don't consider him a fighter with a winning record.

I dunno I think Bigfoot was lucky to walk out of there with a draw. I thought round 4 was arguably a 10-8 round to Hunt, considering how close Bigfoot came to being finished.

Damn I hope we see a card like this for Saitama:

Hunt vs Nelson
Gomi vs Ferguson
Kawajiri vs Mike T. Brown
Horiguchi vs Cariaso
Hioki vs Arantes
Akiyama vs Ebersole

Glad Hunt is stepping into the octagon after ducking Schaub.

Haha who cares about Schaub. Like we really need to see him attempt to make his name off a 3rd aging PRIDE fighter.

One of, if not the worst match up stylistically for Hunto. I think Roy gets the win.

This is the greatest thing I have heard all day. I don't even know who to root for.

I think you are vastly under-estimating Nelson's grappling ability. He has rolled with Frank Mir before and I'm pretty sure he won (could be wrong though I can't quite remember). He's definitely no slouch on the ground though.

He's a good grappler, and he did beat Mir, but his style is more in the vein of Ricardo Arona then Roger Gracie. He isn't and has never been a guy that can consistently submit people, unless his is just overwhelmingly better than them.

Ha ha, fair enough. Still I don't think Nelson by submission is very likely, unless Hunt regresses to the guy he was in 2010.

Unlike Hunt, Nelson has never truly been KO'd. I think he wins this battle of chins.

Hunt's had 63 pro fights (43 kickboxing, 18 MMA and 2 boxing) and he's been KO'd twice. Out of all those crazy wars, his first KO loss came against a middleweight who tagged him with a fade away left hook. Hunto told me he didn't give Manhoef enough respect in that fight. He thought, 'Hey, this dude's a lot smaller than me, I don't even have to worry about his power,' and BANG, lights out as he rushed in. Hunto's other "KO" loss was of course courtesy of Junior Dos Santos via spinning wheel kick of doom, but he was never really out cold.

Roy's had 29 pro fights - not even half as many as Hunt. He was "KO'd" by Arlovski with a straight right, but similar to Hunt's loss against Junior, he never really went stiff.

The only thing I take from all that is they both have chins carved out of fucking granite. This fight scares me because I love Hunto and I think he takes it via technically superior striking, but Nelson has an overhand right that could fell an ox

Hunt's had 63 pro fights (43 kickboxing, 18 MMA and 2 boxing) and he's been KO'd twice. Out of all those crazy wars, his first KO loss came against a middleweight who tagged him with a fade away left hook. Hunto told me he didn't give Manhoef enough respect in that fight. He thought, 'Hey, this dude's a lot smaller than me, I don't even have to worry about his power,' and BANG, lights out as he rushed in. Hunto's other "KO" loss was of course courtesy of Junior Dos Santos via spinning wheel kick of doom, but he was never really out cold.

Roy's had 29 pro fights - not even half as many as Hunt. He was "KO'd" by Arlovski with a straight right, but similar to Hunt's loss against Junior, he never really went stiff.

The only thing I take from all that is they both have chins carved out of fucking granite. This fight scares me because I love Hunto and I think he takes it via technically superior striking, but Nelson has an overhand right that could fell an ox

Hunt definitely went out cold from the follow up right hand on the ground from JDS.

Back