Mark Hunt vs. Roy Nelson expected to headline UFC Fight Night 51 in Japan

Nelson hardly ever tries to take people down anymore. And his mindset isn't the same as it was on TUF. He just bangs it out now.

Consequently his skills in that area seem to have deteriorated while Hunt's abilities have grown exponentially. I don't think he could smother Hunt if he wanted to. Rogan overrates his jiu-jitsu as well.

He didn't just forget how to do jiu jitsu, he's practicing grappling every day of the week. He stands with people because he has a very high knockout rate and a granite chin. His best chance in every fight is standing because he has the power and boxing skills to KO anyone.

Love this fight but I'm still holding out hope that Overeem vs Dos Santos will be added to this card

Anyone who says he is not interested in this fight is either a liar or a human being with plant level intelligence.

Nelson has too much power, he can walk through Hunts power, Hunt can't take many Nelson bombs. Nelson via KO.

He didn't just forget how to do jiu jitsu, he's practicing grappling every day of the week. He stands with people because he has a very high knockout rate and a granite chin. His best chance in every fight is standing because he has the power and boxing skills to KO anyone.

He didn't forget, but he was never a good submission artist, in fact he only has one submission win over someone with a winning record. He's a good grappler, but he was no (significant) chance of submitting Hunt.

Awesome! Battle of the WOKO artists. War Hunto!!!

Nice! Off to UFC Auckland in June then I'm moving to Japan in August. Perfect time to go to UFC Japan!

damn, that means we gotta wait till September. both guys got solid chins i wouldnt be surprised if it went 5 rounds. if it does i can see it surpassing Hunt vs Big Foot for greatest HW fight of all time

irresistible+force+paradox.jpg

Apt

He didn't forget, but he was never a good submission artist, in fact he only has one submission win over someone with a winning record. He's a good grappler, but he was no (significant) chance of submitting Hunt.

I think you are vastly under-estimating Nelson's grappling ability. He has rolled with Frank Mir before and I'm pretty sure he won (could be wrong though I can't quite remember). He's definitely no slouch on the ground though.

Let's see if Roy breaks out his famed jiu jitsu.

Nelson hardly ever tries to take people down anymore. And his mindset isn't the same as it was on TUF. He just bangs it out now.

Consequently his skills in that area seem to have deteriorated while Hunt's abilities have grown exponentially. I don't think he could smother Hunt if he wanted to. Rogan overrates his jiu-jitsu as well.

meh im gonna disagree
i'll agree that nelson doesn't use his jitz in mma
but as far ability nelson is WAY ahead of hunt
hes a legit bjj bb(Renzo) with a VERIFIABLE no-gi comp record(in NAGA/ADCC/GRAPPLERS QUEST)

hunt doesn't beat nelson grappling on his best day

that being said theyre both gonna stand and trade and I got hunt via dec

Glad Hunt is stepping into the octagon after ducking Schaub.

Unlike Hunt, Nelson has never truly been KO'd. I think he wins this battle of chins.

since 2007 nelson has THIRTEEN (t)ko's in 14 wins....and has only been stopped ONE time......SIX years ago

Im gonna be pulling for hunt.......but im not realistically seeing him putting BC away

Back