Mark Hunt vs. Roy Nelson expected to headline UFC Fight Night 51 in Japan

imagine

Hunt vs Nelson (main event)

Reem vs Barnett (co-main)

would be awesome on paper.

I think they pay Reem too much to put him as a Co-Main on a foreign Fight Night card. Expect Gomi to co-main this one.

Oh god I wish.

Could see it happening late perhaps.

Despite their respective paunches I can't imagine Nelson standing after 5 rounds with a chemically enhanced Bigfoot.

Hunto carries his power a bit deeper into the fight IMO.

I agree. Hunt has more effortless power for sure. Hunt can hurt you with both hands whether he's tired or not.

This is gonna be fun to watch.

I got Hunto by Body kicks.

Roy just doesn't cover his body.

Awesome that it is in Japan, big help for Hunto.

Will Shogun fight there?

They got all sorts of problem booking an headliner for Fox 12. Would it be wise to stack Japan as fuck with names like Hunt, Nelson, Reem, Barnett, Shogun?

We'll see.

What do you mean they got all sorts of problems booking a headliner for Fox 12? Isn't that the card Brown/Lawler is headlining?

Massive fan of Hunt, but Roy can put him away if he isn't careful

What do you mean they got all sorts of problems booking a headliner for Fox 12? Isn't that the card Brown/Lawler is headlining?

The main event was announced 8 weeks prior to the event, while the rest of the main card was already revealed. That alone is pretty unusual. That means they had no real alternative than to give Brown the winner of Lawler/Ellenberger and they were waiting. If there would have been another alternative it would have been booked way before. What if Lawler would have suffered an injury during his fight? It was pretty risky, you dont take such a risk unless you have to.

You dont wait that long to announce a main event unless you have no choice.

Thats why Im curious about the headliners for UFC Maine and UFC Tulsa. And Im still surprised at the fact that Lombard vs Stun Gun co main Macau, while its a perfect fight for a FS1 main card headliner.

irresistible+force+paradox.jpg

Like both guys, but Hunt is who i will support in this based on the fact we know Roy has nothing at all for the title.
Hunt whilst eventually tiring and getting put away against JDS is still a bigger threat than Nelson to the title (the reality is neither probably are, but i just still consider him more).

Nelson would have to put Hunt away early with a couple bombs or a Hunt decision is coming, he will see out 5 rounds much better and all he would have to do beyond the 2nd is constantly pressure Nelson.

About time they made this fight. Hunt all the way.

I don't like this matchup.

What's to stop Nelson from getting TDs and grinding out a UD or getting a sub victory.

I don't like this matchup.

What's to stop Nelson from getting TDs and grinding out a UD or getting a sub victory.

Nelson hardly ever tries to take people down anymore. And his mindset isn't the same as it was on TUF. He just bangs it out now.

Consequently his skills in that area seem to have deteriorated while Hunt's abilities have grown exponentially. I don't think he could smother Hunt if he wanted to. Rogan overrates his jiu-jitsu as well.

Great fight.

If Hunt knocks out Roy I'll be seriously surprised, and very very happy.

I have no idea how this fight will go, could be a KO either way, could be a submission or might even go the distance.

Back