Mark Hunt vs. Alistair Overeem II at UFC 209 (Poll)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reem isn't getting Hunt on his back in this fight. That means it's only gonna take one left on the chin to put him to sleep. Hunto by KO.

The fight makes sense with both fighters coming off losses.

Hunto via KO

Suprised so many people picking reem. I've been a fan of Reem since his first fight with badr, but I don't think he has any business fighting anymore. He's even ko'd so many times. hunt is a technical and methodical striker with great durability and power. could spell disaster for Reem

Granted, I was pretty certain jds would crush overeem. I just fear for the guys health at this point.

Why? He literally gets knocked out the first time an opponent lands something on him, as opposed to his iron jawed contemporaries who take endless damage fight after fight.

If anything; neurologically he would be in as good condition as any of the heavyweights getting around. You think just because someone goes unconscious that that causes damage to their brain? Do you think that people who get choked unconscious suffer brain damage each time as well?

Fan of both guys but before the fight mark hunt is going to say he doesn't care about steroids. If Mark Hunt loses he will then flip his shit about steroids.

Jesus Hunt goes fucking batshit crazy because he's continually faced PED abusers and first the Ufc offers him Barnett and now he's fighting Reem.

Holy fucking assholes Batman

Interesting to see how this plays out. I remember they were pretty cordial with each other behind the scenes. Lets see if Hunt brings up the ped accusations this time.

He should've said yes to the JDS fight at 206.

Hunt is demanding a PED clause. If Alistair fails a test Hunt gets 100% of his purse.

What do you suppose the over/under is for whether this fight ever happens?

Why? He literally gets knocked out the first time an opponent lands something on him, as opposed to his iron jawed contemporaries who take endless damage fight after fight.

If anything; neurologically he would be in as good condition as any of the heavyweights getting around. You think just because someone goes unconscious that that causes damage to their brain? Do you think that people who get choked unconscious suffer brain damage each time as well?
Obviously there is a difference between blacking out from under depriving the brain of oxygen for 10 seconds and being ko'd from blunt force trauma.

While it is correct in a single isolated incident you take less damage from being ko'd by a single blow then taking a beating for three rounds ala Nelson vs jds, overeem has had many knockouts AND taken an extremely high volume of shots to the head over a 60 fight career.

There is undoubtedly been trauma to overeems brain and can't imagine how you could think otherwise.

Hunt fought PED users his whole career in K-1 and Pride. The only reason he's throwing a shit fit about it now is because he's embarrassed he lost to a pro wrestler.

Seems reasonable, he gets to take out his anger towards juicer by koing a former juicer who is totally deflated and at the end of his career

Hunt has been washed up for a while now, i dont understand the obsession, to me he lost all my respect the way he was crying losing to brock... PED's or not, someone who hasn't fought in like 5 years shouldn't beat someone who has been fighting all his life. Its pathetic, i cant see how he wins this or any other fight besides a lucky first round KO, if it goes past the first he will lose every fight.

Back