Mark Hunt proposes new juicer clause contract

I can agree with prize money going to the clean fighter and an additional fine to the commission to cover costs and then some. Losing income is reallythe only concern for an aathlete.

Awesome idea. If Overeem refuses he basically reveals himself to be on gear.

i thought hunto was getting annoyed of fighting known roiders? he just finished fighting 3 of them in a row and now he wants another one?

Maybe Hunto is thinking he puts that clause in the contract and then he intentionally fights roiders to redeem it. Win/win for Hunto.

The commission getting the money for a fighter popping makes 0 sense

Giving the commission incentive to pop as many fighters as possible is surely just a positive motivator with no foreseeable ill effects whatsoever.

I don't know. Mark does have a legitimate gripe here. 3 fights in a row were against cheaters. Now the 4th is against someone who pissed hot in the past too.

Great idea but leaves no protection for the fighter who makes an honest mistake.

Imagine if Hunt pissed hot

Mike Perry would be getting paid soon if this clause was in effect.

To be hones that should be the standard result every time someone pisses hot after a fight. They forfeit their entire purse to their opponent. Simple as that.

Or better yet, with the technology available in 2016, get the results quickly enough so that the fights can be scrapped! A possible alternative is a far longer ban, making it "basically" a one time deal that a fighter is allowed to "pocket" the money after caught cheating.

Same challenge with not placing the tried and true combat sport policy of mandatory title defense time frames vs. the #1 contender in place. It limits the UFC managements flexibility in decision making.

Some fighters they would HAPPILY transfer purse money from, and others they don't want to "piss off" enough to have them not fight under the brand in the future!

Mark Hunt has agreed to fight Overeem so long as he signs a contract stating that if he pisses hot, Hunt gets his show money.

Hunt says he will never fight again without having this contract in place.

I think it's a good idea. But UFC probably won't let it happen. Would shake up the game.

Thoughts?

(Would post link but I can't take this "this is HTML class" bullshit where I have to memorize the link and type it manually)
I'm down with this, would be the biggest doping deterrent to date imo.

Something like this is really common sense.

If you piss hot post fight (or pre-fight when a fight went ahead anyway) a steep fine of some sort that compensates the fighter should be given.

Commissions should in no way be able to just say "hey this dude threw a water bottle, give me $150,000". Completely bonkers.

Back