Mark Hunt may be the strongest guy (core strength) in the heavyweight division

There's no such thing as thick bones (unless we're talking about a serious disease or mutation). This mythos really has to die.
The weight of a complete skeleton of an adult human body ranges from 25 to 40 pounds depending on race and gender. That is a miniscule margin to be able to distinguish thick or thin bones.

Short guy, lower center of gravity - that's all.

This is one of the most stupid things I have ever seen on here.

You got people with small, medium and large / massive bone structures. Some guys have wrists that are more than 8 inches around, that is a huge bone structure.

080329_derekpoundstone.jpg

anderson-silva2.jpg

Are you seriously trying to tell me their bones are the same thickness? :rolleyes:

This is one of the most stupid things I have ever seen on here.

You got people with small, medium and large / massive bone structures. Some guys have wrists that are more than 8 inches around, that is a huge bone structure.

080329_derekpoundstone.jpg

anderson-silva2.jpg

Are you seriously trying to tell me their bones are the same thickness? :rolleyes:

Well I'm no expert in bones, but the pictures provided could, to me, just as well show a guy with a lot of muscle mass and a guy with less.

Well I'm no expert in bones, but the pictures provided could, to me, just as well show a guy with a lot of muscle mass and a guy with less.

Look at their wrists, you can't build muscle on the wrist bone.

Silva could never get to the size and strength of the first guy, he doesn't have the bone structure for it.

Look at the wrists, being very strong won't really change your wrist size to any noticeable degree, the power lifter in that picture clearly has much bigger wrists than Anderson.

A tug of war even moreso than arm wrestling is as much about technique as it is raw strenght. You could see that unlike Sapp and Reem who were just pulling non stop Hunt was bracing himself and focusing on short spells of pulling.

Look at their wrists, you can't build muscle on the wrist bone.

Silva could never get to the size and strength of the first guy, he doesn't have the bone structure for it.

Exactly, his bones are not thick enough to be able to do the exercises to be able to gain that amount of mass, it would be too stressful on his bones. Weight lifting can increase bone density but not overall size of the bones.

I don't know about that

Hunt is more fat than muscle imo

No way, Hunt's body fat is more likely between 25-35% than it is 50+%, Roy Nelson is similar to what someone looks like that has around 50% body fat.

body-fat-percentage-picture-men-women.jpeg

156469_10150687967491791_241688606790_9798384_615970241_n.jpg

so does this mean that mark hunt won a ufc title shot for winning this competition i dont know japanese

156469_10150687967491791_241688606790_9798384_615970241_n.jpg

If that's your definition of morbidly obese I wonder what you call the regular american?

"Lets find photoshopped pic of Hunt"

<- Reality. And thats after hard training camp.

That was really weird seeing Bob Sapp put actual effort into something

"Lets find photoshopped pic of Hunt"

<- Reality. And thats after hard training camp.
That's how his body was built and born with gene that looks like that. I have seen some guy look like Hunt, they are freakishly strong and powerful.

lol this is so retarded. has nothing to do with "core strength"

hunt is short and stocky as hell, overeem is 6'5 for god sakes. stuff like this works to hunts advantage.

they way Overeem got worked by Sapp made me lose a lot of hespect

Sapp is a terrible fighter, but he still remains an incredibly big and strong guy, even compared to the Reem.

bob sapp prob got some $ to throw the arm wrestling event against the japanese dude

The guy is an actual armwrestling champion. No matter how strong you are, you can't beat a real armwrestler if you never seriously trained for that specific technique. Even a prime WSM Pudz would have lost badly.

Sapp is a terrible fighter, but he still remains an incredibly big and strong guy, even compared to the Reem.

The guy is an actual armwrestling champion. No matter how strong you are, you can't beat a real armwrestler if you never seriously trained for that specific technique. Even a prime WSM Pudz would have lost badly.

Precisely.

This guy would fucking crush any MMA fighter in an armwrestling match

JBhome1.jpg

Mark is -- was -- an incredible athlete. The combination of speed, power, flexibilty, size and durability he has is very rare. Unfortunately he wasted some of the best years of his life coasting on natural ability. It's not just his weight, he's truely an exceptional athlete.

In his own way mark is probably one of the biggest athletic freaks ever to compete in mma.

Hell, look at what he's done by applying himself at an age were most fighters are on the way out.

I agree. It's scary to think what would've happened if Hunt actually had a ground game.

/facepalm

In a sustained arm wrestling match, Sapp would've won easily.

The pro catches him by surprise with a huge surge right off the bat. That's how he won. Sapp never saw it coming.

He beat him with a move called top roll. Even if it had been a hook (pure side pressure battle), the japanese guy would've still won. Pro arm wrestlers train arm wrestling all day and there's a reason they are professionals. Even a strong man like Bob Sapp or a strong man competitor would lose to a middle weight professional arm wrestler.

There are many events held by professional armwrestlers where they armwrestle random people in the event. Regardless of the size, they have no trouble winning. I'm sure you can find some on youtube.

Back