Mark Hunt may be the strongest guy (core strength) in the heavyweight division

rally?

To me he looks just like a small fatty with 0 skills.

raycharles.jpg

I guess his knee is better....

I wonder how much these guys got paid to be on this crazy show? Both the arm wrestling and tug a war videos are awesome though. Something about the insaneness of Japanese TV always gets me.

I know both Reem and Hunt are out technically right now from fighting, but I'm surprised the UFC let's them do things like that. Imagine If hunt re blew his knee or The Reem broke his arm or something, to be on a Japanese variety show. That's another year they would be out, and missing out on tons of money. Guess they could just as easily get hurt in practice, but the UFC has to have something in the contract.

Mark is -- was -- an incredible athlete. The combination of speed, power, flexibilty, size and durability he has is very rare. Unfortunately he wasted some of the best years of his life coasting on natural ability. It's not just his weight, he's truely an exceptional athlete.

In his own way mark is probably one of the biggest athletic freaks ever to compete in mma.

Hell, look at what he's done by applying himself at an age were most fighters are on the way out.

I think I always agree with what you post, but having no search has revealed my lack of memory here.

In a sustained arm wrestling match, Sapp would've won easily.

The pro catches him by surprise with a huge surge right off the bat. That's how he won. Sapp never saw it coming.

Sustained? Bob Sapp would gas in any sustained action

Hunt is a lot stronger than he looks but the rope pull is perfect for him, his center of gravity is way lower and he has the thickest bone structure of all of them.

There's no such thing as thick bones (unless we're talking about a serious disease or mutation). This mythos really has to die.
The weight of a complete skeleton of an adult human body ranges from 25 to 40 pounds depending on race and gender. That is a miniscule margin to be able to distinguish thick or thin bones.

Short guy, lower center of gravity - that's all.

I think I always agree with what you post, but having no search has revealed my lack of memory here.

I have no memory now. I think it abandoned me when I hit 35 or possibly when I married.

Not remembering yesterday is a great way to stay married...

There's no such thing as thick bones (unless we're talking about a serious disease or mutation). This mythos really has to die.
The weight of a complete skeleton of an adult human body ranges from 25 to 40 pounds depending on race and gender. That is a miniscule margin to be able to distinguish thick or thin bones.

thick bones, wide bones...call it what you will. But his bone structure is simply not on the same level as most people his height

That event really suited Mark Hunt's bodytype and relative shortness, compared to someone like Overeem.

Notice the way he basically sits down, making it very difficult to move him because he's putting all his weight into it.

Relying on pure muscle strength, as Overeem did, would work against any Sherdogger but was never going to work here, especially when competing against guys who were stronger than him.

Watch how easily Bob Sapp beats Mark in the arm wrestling event, yet loses to a guy much smaller than him in the final.

Love watching Hunt fight though!!

You mean against the world champion arm wrestler? Dude had arms like legs and he is a professional championship arm wrestler.

Hunt beat a professional Strongman (in tug of war) that pulls jet planes and semi trucks in Strongman Competitions. That is impressive.

You mean against the world champion arm wrestler? Dude had arms like legs and he is a professional championship arm wrestler.

Hunt beat a professional Strongman (in tug of war) that pulls jet planes and semi trucks in Strongman Competitions. That is impressive.

Pulling trains or airplanes is more physics than strenght. And more of an ability to apply constant strenght over a longer period of time, than pure/peak strenght. On other words, it's requires a lot of physical strenght but also the right technique but it doesn't mean he's godly or something.

An average Joe off the street who doesn't even know where the next gym is located, can pull a 4000lbs car. Again, physics, nothing else.

No surprise there. New Zealanders, and especially those of Samoan descent have absolutely ridiculous strength. Anyone who has played rugby overseas can attest to this.

Are you retarded? All humans do not have the same size bones, some people have a small frame, some an average frame and others have a large frame. My wrists are over 7.5 inches around, my bone structure is larger than the average person, my dad's wrists are over 8.5 inches, he has an even thicker frame than I do, my brothers have average size frames as well as my sister, not everyone is the same.

Are you really suggesting that every man has the same size bones, have you ever been outside and seen people?

156469_10150687967491791_241688606790_9798384_615970241_n.jpg

If that's your definition of morbidly obese I wonder what you call the regular american?

Those body weight calculators can be way off for athletes, it doesn't account very well for muscle weight. If you are a skinny person it will most likely say you are skinny but if you are fit but carry a decent amount of muscle mass it will say you are obese. At my last job there was a guy who was very into fitness and all of those body weight calculators said he was obese even though he had very low body fat.

The guys at the strength and conditioning part of the forum are confused.

"But he doesnt deadlift or squat a jillon pounds..." how does he generate the power?

i didnt know ppl measured their wrist size and sht LOL

I think the first time I had my wrist measured was freshman year in high school, we did it for PE then I had it done later when I was wrestling and they also did body fat tests.

Frame size is a good indicator of how big/little someone can get, if your bones are thicker you most likely can put on more muscle than someone who has smaller bones because your body can support the extra weight better.

There have also been articles suggesting that people with larger bones hit harder/can move up in weight class and still be a powerful puncher where guys that have average or small frames don't have as much power at higher weight classes.

http://www.badlefthook.com/2011/3/1...manny-pacquiaos-body-has-tricked-analysts-and

His centre of gravity/mass is far lower than Overeems and Sapps and the rope was like one foot off the ground. Not a game for 6'5 giants.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back