Media Mark Coleman on Fedor Emelianenko

It's a shame Fedor's chin is so completely gone, would be interesting to know how high level he coud still be fighting without that weakness.

It's a shame Fedor's chin is so completely gone, would be interesting to know how high level he coud still be fighting without that weakness.
coleman also says "when fedor cared about fighting"...fedor was out of his prime long time ago and it's not only because of his chin.
but lately it's his biggest problem for sure, it's completely shot.

Mark is just a fucking Legend!

His victory over Vovchanchyn back then...was freaking huuuge!

Those knees man...

coleman also says "when fedor cared about fighting"...fedor was out of his prime long time ago and it's not only because of his chin.
but lately it's his biggest problem for sure, it's completely shot.

His chin was never good. His fans themselves will tell you that he never got hit, and the only times he did get hit his legs turned to jello. That's a weak chin which got exposed in SF especially.

Mark is just a fucking Legend!

His victory over Vovchanchyn back then...was freaking huuuge!

Those knees man...

That made me sad because I was really cheering for Igor. He was what, 5'8 or 5'9? If he was just a few inches taller, he'd have been Fedor level IMO. He was just a bit too small for openweight at the time.

That made me sad because I was really cheering for Igor. He was what, 5'8 or 5'9? If he was just a few inches taller, he'd have been Fedor level IMO. He was just a bit too small for openweight at the time.
...pulled it off 37 fights in a row.

Until he met Mark...

He is listed at 5'7...even Nakamura was bigger than him at 205

neither of them are actually Russian. This man however, is.
sergei-kharitonov-640.jpg
What are they then? Japanese?

His chin was never good. His fans themselves will tell you that he never got hit, and the only times he did get hit his legs turned to jello. That's a weak chin which got exposed in SF especially.

I know, Im the fan who keeps telling that to people, I hate it when people say Fedor had a great chin in his prime. Nope. But obviously it was better than today, that's all I was saying.

His daughters are likely high school or college age now imagine being the boyfriend on their 1st date and she takes you home to meet her father talk about uncomfortable when he says be home at 10 you bring her home at 8 because you don't want to chance it. :)
I know he’s over the hill, but good god Even at his age I still wouldn’t want the Hammer to get ahold of me.

I know, Im the fan who keeps telling that to people, I hate it when people say Fedor had a great chin in his prime. Nope. But obviously it was better than today, that's all I was saying.

His chin was ok for heavyweight, but his recovery was great. Due to conditioning mostly.

Seeing highlights of him training made all other heavies look slow/lethargic in their training highlights.

He was a machine back in the day.

It’s cool Coleman said Fedor looked up to him. Thanks for posting

His chin was ok for heavyweight, but his recovery was great. Due to conditioning mostly.

Seeing highlights of him training made all other heavies look slow/lethargic in their training highlights.

He was a machine back in the day.

Fedor never had a great recovery either, Im tired of hearing that as well. When he got rocked by Fujita, he was still on wobbly legs after the fight was ended, like over minute later. Same in the Maldonado fight, the only reason that first round was so terrible for Fedor was because he couldn't really recover after being dropped. Fedor's was lucky Maldonado is so pillow fisted he couldn't finish the job, and Fujita never managed to KO any opponent worth of mentioning either.

You are confusing his incredible heart with recovery. Fedor never had a great chin, never had a great recovery, yet he still has the most impressive win streak in MMA history. That's why he is the GOAT.

A fighter with a great recovery is someone like Tony Ferguson, for example. He can get brutally knocked down and rocked, but only a couple seconds later you cant even tell he got hit because he has already recovered and is going 100%.

Fedor never had a great recovery either, Im tired of hearing that as well. When he got rocked by Fujita, he was still on wobbly legs after the fight was ended, like over minute later. Same in the Maldonado fight, the only reason that first round was so terrible for Fedor was because he couldn't really recover after being dropped. Fedor's was lucky Maldonado is so pillow fisted he couldn't finish the job, and Fujita never managed to KO any opponent worth of mentioning either.

You are confusing his incredible heart with recovery. Fedor never had a great chin, never had a great recovery, yet he still has the most impressive win streak in MMA history. That's why he is the GOAT.

A fighter with a great recovery is someone like Tony Ferguson, for example. He can get brutally knocked down and rocked, but only a couple seconds later you cant even tell he got hit because he has already recovered and is going 100%.

So you're comparing a LW's being hit by LWs' recovery time to a heavyweight being hit by heavyweights yes?

Sound argument...<{outtahere}>

That’s what I thought, you can’t even answer because you don’t know what you’re talking about.
did you miss my previous post where I LITERALLY POSTED AN IMAGE OF THE MAP OF WHERE FEDOR WAS BORN? How dense can someone be.

Luhansk_in_Ukraine_%28claims_hatched%29.svg

Does this look like Russia or Japan to you????

Mark Coleman on Fedor Emelianenko,
Mark tells about russian wrestlers and how Fedor said he was inspired by Mark with GnP.
2 of the most epic GnPers in MMA.

Thanks for posting. It's lovely to see Coleman just shooting the shit.

Guys Fedor didnt eat much damage in his career at all. Not in the ballpark of other fighters who get damaged bad every fight. He just got older. and at the same time it's still heavyweight so it can end any time.

Back