Mariusz Pudzianowski???

You'll never see him in the UFC.

He's been training MMA for a few years now but hasn't developed as a fighter. As soon as he gets hit in the face he goes berzerk - his wins only come from TKO or dodgy decisions. I was a huge fan of him in Strongman days and he's a national hero in Poland but as a fighter - he's nothing more than an overmuscled hulk with little ability.

A freakshow fight in Bellator is always a possibility - but I think they'll have to beat KSW pay package for him to consider it.

At his age, why go overseas when you can stay at home, beat cans and take home a huge paycheck? The only two big draws KSW currently have are Pudzian and Khalidov - so it will take something BIG for either of them to leave easy fights that pay well.

He is possibly the greatest strongman of all time.

He is pretty much retired, he just has such a huge fanbase in Poland that he fights once or twice a year for big money and KSW pays him because he is a huge draw and basically keeps them in business.

I always figured Mariusz was going to be a 2-3 fight kinda guy and fade out after the Sylvia fight. I'll give him credit, he's at least trying and fighting guys around his level now and he'll likely do so for a few more years.

pudz-omiel.jpg

Polish Power!
Mariusz Pudzianowski (MMA 9-3) - KSW
Daniel Omielanczuk (MMA 17-5-1) - UFC
Marcin Tybura (MMA 12-1) - M1

One of the best arm punchers..of the night

Back