News Mario Yamasaki on Herb Dean late stoppage

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by estranged, Jul 30, 2020 at 3:04 PM.

1. IamStryker Silver Belt

Yes it does. This was a very normal stoppage. There are many far worse. Even recently with Aldo. If you want to hate on a ref over a stoppage at least pick a really bad one ffs.

2. BooBoyMan Brown Belt

It was a bad stoppage, I'm not acting like it wasn't, but there have been significantly worse stoppages than this (in this year as well) that didn't get nearly as much attention.

Trinaldo was 'essentially forced' to hit Herbert like three more times, and not very hard. Jesus fucking Christ, bring in a stretcher lol.

I don't like Herb, I don't think I've posted a single good thing about him, he's pretty fucking bad, but I'm surprised as to how this stoppage was the one that made everyone piss their pants and demand Herb's resignation.

Willy Knuckles likes this.
  3. Mangar Black Belt

I don't see anything from Mario himself in this post so, taking it with a grain of salt.

4. Willy Knuckles Brown Belt

People always overreact I agree. And way worse stoppages have happened. This was bad though and the fact that it was the "best ref" doing it makes it worse. I see both sides I guess

5. IamStryker Silver Belt

Not even close to being egregious. He didn't even look knocked out. It's only in hindsight that you know he wasn't going to get back in the fight.

6. Safton Green Belt

I don't feel it was "okay" but I fully understand what Herb was seeing -- objectively -- that made him hesitate in stopping the fight. It was a grayish area in that Herbert didn't stay stiff as a board after falling to the ground, nor did he turtle up. Instead, he appeared to look in the direction of his opponent (later angles showed this wasn't the case I think) and lifted an arm to defend himself.

To clarify, in hindsight I think Herb should have stopped it especially considering the way Jai fell. But his hesitation is understandable and, in my opinion, not his most egregious offense that night -- he let Boser land far too many unanswered blows against a turtled-up Pessoa earlier in the card (remember Hardy yelling "That's the second time tonight!"?).

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020 at 3:57 PM
    Ares Black likes this.
  7. Mmmmmmma1234 Black Belt

Worst post it the thread. The REASON is because herb is Dana's boi and Mario fucked up shevchenko's highlight reel dana wanted booking her vs a can for a flashy ko.

And when CB lies there motionless after the bell Herb literally tries to drag him to his corner, to continue.

8. MM808 808er

9. mikesparrow Purple Belt

Or any American president..

10. kevinramsdell Brown Belt

ehhhh just a bunch of moronic sherbros who still think that A guy getting up to his feet right after the stoppage was the deadliest, latest stoppage in history.

11. kevinramsdell Brown Belt

So Herbert standing up directly after the finish and communicating with the ref means he was lights out? Stfu dude had his equilibrium rocked and was dazed but he awake and conscious; Just confused. Stoppage was fine.

12. TooTricky Orange Belt

Mario "If he can crawl, he can brawl" Yamasaki

PabloChacon likes this.
  13. Ares Black Asteroid Belt

He was not intelligently defending himself. That means the fight is over.

14. PabloChacon Conor McGregor's Coke Problem

Herb has been terrible for years now

15. kevinramsdell Brown Belt

It was a no-win situation. Because from the angle you can see that Jai is awake and has his arm up with his palm facing up looking to block incoming shots. It appears that he’s defending himself. He took a tough equilibrium shot & was awake but confused and dazed. If Herb wouldn’t of given him time, then people would of said to early. He takes 3 extra punches and people like you bitch and cry.

Jai got right up after the stoppage and communicated with Herb. He was fine, you’re overreacting because of how Dan Hardy acted which was the real problem and even Dana addressed that perfectly. Just because Jai was an Englishman and he’s seen the kid fight, so he snapped about it.

Here’s some insight from Big John who describes it as a “lose-lose” scenario

[​IMG]