News Mario Yamasaki on Herb Dean late stoppage

Mario "If he's still breathing he's still competing" Yamasaki
Mario "Death before dishonor" Yamasaki
Mario "Mortal Kombat" Yamasaki

Sure, but that doesn't make this one okay.
Yes! Not to sound trite, but the first step to solving the problem is actually admitting there is a problem. “It happens all the time” doesn’t justify anything - it just confirms that this is a rampant issue that is long overdue to be addressed.

It wasn't a good job by Herb Dean, but he's still one of the top refs, and even the best ones make mistakes. Remember when Roy Nelson was so upset at Big John for stopping the fight late against big foot that he kicked Big John?
FelineFrequentKrill-size_restricted.gif

The worst stoppage ever was when the ref let Joe Warren take 30+ extra power shots from Pat Curran. I guess the ref really wanted to see if Warren could live up to his nickname 'baddest man on the planet'

The Curran/Warren fight was a situation where the ref could have saved Joe from taking a bunch of unnecessary shots and getting knocked out cold.

^^^This stoppage is worse because the guy going for the leg lock is already out cold, comes back into consciousness, gets knocked out again, and continues to take like 8 or 10 more clean strikes while the he's out before the ref stops it.

Herd Dean is a piece of shit
If him, Dana and Don King were hanging off a ledge and I only had time to save one of them, I would spend that time stomping on Herb’s hands

Well, he said something correct, but it just sounds strange.

Is there no Ref bro code. Smh where the loyalty. Big john shits on refs all the time too.

There have been much worse stoppages

The fuckin Jose Aldo Petr Yan from a few weeks ago was worse

Well mario at least herb doesn't fix fights for family friends

Roflmao yah
Guess depends how you define "many". He literally stood over him, looked at the ref to stop it, then was essentially forced to hit him more. Its was egregious, and you acting like it's common is pretty funny lol. Herb did a shitty job, he deserves all the backlash he's getting.

Virtually no one agrees with the stoppage other than Herb Dean himself and the dumbest MMA fans around.
You wish that was true. Most stoppages could be improved a little one way or the other. That stoppage was not a big deal. His hands were up after getting knocked down and he took a few shots over just a few seconds. Cry me a river that is nothing to freak out over. Big John said the same thing in his own words. It could have been better but it wasn't horrible.

Mario is just trying to get his job back

But he should know the Just Bleed God does not accept apostasy. Watch out Mario.
<BlackPinkStab>

Sure, but that doesn't make this one okay.
Yes it does. This was a very normal stoppage. There are many far worse. Even recently with Aldo. If you want to hate on a ref over a stoppage at least pick a really bad one ffs.

Back