News Mario Yamasaki on Herb Dean late stoppage

Well it was really surprising. Herbert was dominating until Trinaldo connected with a weird overhand to the forehead. It would take a few seconds for anyone to realize what happened or how Herbert was. Herb Dean is one of the best in the buis and you can't win it all. The times you fuck up a magnifying glass is put on you

What bothers me is the notion that Herb didn't stop it just because Hardy was yelling at him. If ego is what caused more harm that's a problem. Herb should NOT cite Hardy as an excuse

It was a bad stoppage. It seems like herb won’t admit it because that would be admitting hardy was right. Hardy was still unprofessional

Mario "if he dies, he's already dead, and this is just a formality" Yamasaki.
:mad:

Just curious, has Yamasaki had any egregious early stoppages besides the Chiesa one? He gets a bad rap as a late stoppage ref, but that one was super early, which is wild because he's a legit BJJ black belt.

I miss Mario Man...
<{1-7}>
00.gif

If Mario the Just Bleed savage and enforcer said it’s too late, it was too late.
giphy.gif

why Mario become a meme? Herb is worse.

Virtually no one agrees with the stoppage other than Herb Dean himself and the dumbest MMA fans around.

I mean, it doesn't get worse than the (non-existant) CB Dolloway stoppage, and people still call him the gold standard...

It wasn't a good job by Herb Dean, but he's still one of the top refs, and even the best ones make mistakes. Remember when Roy Nelson was so upset at Big John for stopping the fight late against big foot that he kicked Big John?
FelineFrequentKrill-size_restricted.gif

The worst stoppage ever was when the ref let Joe Warren take 30+ extra power shots from Pat Curran. I guess the ref really wanted to see if Warren could live up to his nickname 'baddest man on the planet'

Geez fuck , lol fuck that look like a mortal kombat brutality

Mario doesn’t want to criticise herb, proceeds to criticise him

"Damn! Sherdog sure does beat a lot of dead horses. I hope all that meat isn't going to waste."--A. Overeem

Can’t believe Yamasaki of all people would have preferred an earlier stoppage. I would have figured that, as Herb allowed the beating to go on, Mario would have been watching on TV like:
<{jackyeah}>

if the fight had been stopped during the pause a lot of people would have been going apeshit about Herb Dean and his crazy early stoppage.

Why does Herb have such a hard time admitting he fucked up? Does something like that make you lose your job? I mean, you're reffing tons of fights you're bound to be off at some point.

Sherdog logic: "It wasn't the worst stoppage I've ever seen, so who cares that Herb Dean did a poor job reffing?"

Fans of MMA make zero sense to me. I would think the fans want better but I guess settling for mediocrity will suffice.

Dan Hardy bless.

Back