News Mario Yamasaki on Herb Dean late stoppage

Perfection.

e25fd607956c7a7ab10d555dea389ac8.gif

Golly, youd give praise? Thanks!

Now if i can just get that credit from someone that doesnt cry about decent stoppages, id not cry myself to sleep tonight.

Don't worry, there's no shortage of people on here who will tell you how awesome it is to not care about someone suffering unnecessary brain trauma and insult the people who do care.

The only reason this stoppage is talked about so much is because Hardys friend got hurt and Herb got confronted. There have been so many worse stoppages

Sure, but that doesn't make this one okay.

it also doesn't warrant the amount of attention it's getting. if Dan Hardy wanted to say that was the last straw and then go on a rant spree where he points out all the terrible stoppages in MMA history, that's fine. but he didn't. he singled out Herb Dean and acted like if we just got rid of Herb it would all be ok.

anyone who's ever seen Dan Hardy comment on fighting knows he has a bias for UK fighters. the fact that this stoppage happened to a UK fighter in front of his face makes it seem like his bias is fueling his outrage and vindictiveness towards Herb Dean. like i said in many threads before, i agree it was a late stoppage, but i don't agree that this means Herb Dean needs to be cancelled.

there's a reason Herb Dean can still referee UFC fights and Mario Yamasaki cannot. and that is because Yamasaki has let people take beatings that look like aggravated assaults.

Sure, but that doesn't make this one okay.
I didn't say it was okay, I just find it interesting that THIS is the straw that broke the camel's back.

Herb is not a good referee IMO but he should have been called out a while ago, not now. Hardy just looks like a petty cunt in this situation.

Virtually no one agrees with the stoppage other than Herb Dean himself and the dumbest MMA fans around.
You do realize the vast majority of sherdog either didnt think the stoppage was late or think it was overexagerated by Hardy right?

I didn't say it was okay, I just find it interesting that THIS is the straw that broke the camel's back.

Herb is not a good referee IMO but he should have been called out a while ago, not now. Hardy just looks like a petty cunt in this situation.
True. I do really think that referees and judges need to be held accountable, but at this point Hardy is doing more harm than good.

Looks like? Lol. Looks like?

It was not the worst stoppage in the world, which only reaffirms how bad the state of reffing in MMA actually is. When the fighter who knocked the guy out has time to slowly walk over and pause hoping it gets stopped, commentators have a chance to yell to stop the fight and I'm yelling at my TV wondering what the fuck is going on, it's egregious. That should never happen.

Thankfully it was Trinaldo in there and he showed restraint because if that had been someone like Masvidal, Stephens or Hendo, we'd be talking about one of the worst stoppages in MMA history. That's how out of position and unaware Dean was of what was happening. People talk about this like it's no big deal while failing to realize it only wasn't that bad because of Trinaldo.

The fact that we get stoppages like this all the time just confirms the problem. People with your mindset never admit that there's an issue until something tragic happens. Fighters like Hardy, Felder and Cormier all have the foresight to not want to see someone die before changes are made. And oh yeah, Herbert himself said he respected and admired Hardy for saying what he did. You know, he's the guy who was actually affected by this and not just another keyboard warrior sitting on his couch saying we've seen worse so it doesn't actually matter.

You sound like a real badass.
Why lie about a knockout that never occurred? Did you lie to put an extra zest to your post or do you not know what a knockout is? Sincerely believing it's a bunch of bots or hirees all with zero mma knowledge with the same bullshit points that dont make sense.

Herb Dean has been messing up fights for over ten years, but, EVERY. SINGLE. TIME there's the bunch that goes
"ReFeReEs HaVe A hArD jOb, HeRb Is StIlL tHe BeSt ReF aRoUnD"

Like motherfuckers can tap out and corners CAN throw in the towel to end a fight so stop fucking crying ffs!

Herb Dean has been messing up fights for over ten years, but, EVERY. SINGLE. TIME there's the bunch that goes
"ReFeReEs HaVe A hArD jOb, HeRb Is StIlL tHe BeSt ReF aRoUnD"

and then some crybaby makes a post like you just did.

It wasn't a good job by Herb Dean, but he's still one of the top refs, and even the best ones make mistakes. Remember when Roy Nelson was so upset at Big John for stopping the fight late against big foot that he kicked Big John?
FelineFrequentKrill-size_restricted.gif

The worst stoppage ever was when the ref let Joe Warren take 30+ extra power shots from Pat Curran. I guess the ref really wanted to see if Warren could live up to his nickname 'baddest man on the planet'

Wow after watching hardy explain fencing response.. you can see joe warren arms seize up several times as response to gettin hit hard on chin

This just in:

JAPS BOMB PEARL HARBOR!

Remember, you heard it here first.

I loved Mario so much in the Black Beast vs Travis Browne fight, loved it, he made that fight extra special when Black Beast was just dropping that brutal ground and pound on a already knocked out cold Travis. I loved every second of it, 10/10 reffing performance

Back