Mario Odyssey Is Trash

Discussion in 'The Arcade' started by deadshot138, Nov 9, 2020.

1. deadshot138 Silver Belt

So I'm at some part with floating black spiky dudes with water that goes up and down and its harder than any boss thus far. Shitty unresponsive controls making this part ass. Also its boring so far. Thoroughly disappointed with this game.

2. TheWorm Silver Belt

Oh yeah, time for a deadshot play by play.

[​IMG]

3. Dizzy Titanium Belt Platinum Member

You’re trash, bud. Odyssey is fantastic.

paddan and hitcher like this.
  4. SaiWa Red Belt

Mario games are renown for their amazing responsive controls and are showcased in top speed runs.

I have no idea which boss you are talking about but aren't you still very early in this game? how many moons do you have? I didn't struggle at all till after I beat the game (trying to collect the harder moons)…

edit: Vaguely recalling that each world has really difficult moons so I would skip some of them and move on to the next world and then go back later. You don't have to clear all the moons for each world. They vary from super easy to hard as fuck... pick and choose your battles and then go back when you've developed all your Mario skill sets.

5. method115 Titanium Belt

I agree. I thought I just wasn't into platformers anymore but then I played Ori and realized Mario just isn't good.

louiscyphere likes this.
  6. Hitman81 Silver Belt

That's an interesting take. I dont agree but I won't give you any shit for it because I hate a lot of popular games.

7. SaiWa Red Belt

Isn't Ori a side-scrolling platformer as opposed to a 3D platformer? Not a fair comparison IMO. Now if you play another 3D platformer and you enjoyed that one then okay...

8. jojoRed Aint no stress on me, Lord.

Your takes are scandalous lol.

I can never tell if Deadshot hates a game, or is just angry at dying a lot. He loves the soulslike games.

9. method115 Titanium Belt

I feel like it's fair comparison they are both platformers. I'm not sure I know of any other 3d platformers. Not a huge fan of the genre in general so I don't play it much.

10. SaiWa Red Belt

fair enough.