mario kart 8!

Picked it up yesterday, lots of fun. Pain in the ass unlocking everything though, I just started the 100 cc today. Dinomaniac28 if anyone wants to add me

Shit gets real at 150cc. The AI competitors are relentless with the weapons. It's not like it's cheap or anything, they're just not as dumb as they used to be I guess. They're pulling off some good moves both with driving and using items.

Damn I just realized that you can use the Y button on the Gamepad to accelerate. I thought you had to use the A button which is way too close to the right trigger which you have to use to power slide. My hands were cramping up badly trying to use That combo. Using the Y button is so much better.

need more id: mine is Kazushi_Sakuraba

the legend:)

Finally got this in the mail. Only had a chance to play a few cups and already in love. Next time I get online I'll shoot some friend requests to some of you Sherbros.

I love this game. I wish there was more hours in the day.

Sherdog tournament when? I say lets give it two weeks I haven't even played through most the tracks

1.2 million sold by the weekend, the bundle sold out at many stores, a 666% increase in WiiU sales in the UK. This is an "I told you so", Mario Kart sells big.

It's tracked to arrive here Tuesday, can't wait.

Add me: Estemachine

Also please remind me how to check my friend request lol its been a while.

Last edited:
Add me: Estemachine

Also please remind me how to check my friend request lol its been a while.

Ill try to add you tonight, check in my friends somewhere in the main menu on the bottom left!!!

I havent won a single race online yet...getting pissed off lol!!

I love this game. I wish there was more hours in the day.

Sherdog tournament when? I say lets give it two weeks I haven't even played through most the tracks

I'd love a Sherdog tournament, that would be awesome. It's gonna get ugly though haha, Mario Kart turns friends into enemies, and I already don't like any of you. Lulz will be brought.

Can you play with a just a regular wii remote without the nunchuck attachment?

How is the item balance? I feel that the Mario Kart for the Wii would have been amazing if it wasn't for the horrible item balance. First place you get a banana no matter what, plus you get spike shelled 30 feet from finish line, every god damn time.

I have PS3, but this game can make me spend for a new console.

How is the item balance? I feel that the Mario Kart for the Wii would have been amazing if it wasn't for the horrible item balance. First place you get a banana no matter what, plus you get spike shelled 30 feet from finish line, every god damn time.

They added a new element in MK8 in coins. These coins are all over the road and can also be received as items. Each coin raises your top speed by a small amount and you can collect up to 10. Staying in first gets you a bunch of coins as items and bananas. I actually prefer getting the bananas while in first since it gives you something to protect yourself with from standard shell attacks and I like to lay them down in tight turns. Even if you don't hit someone, good chance they might break out of their power slide to avoid one.

There is also a new Horn item that will destroy the Blue Shell, but I have been hit by a lot more blue shells than I have gotten horns as items while riding in 1st. I haven't played a ton, so maybe one of the other guys that have put some more time in have had a different experience.

LavishAbleIcterinewarbler.gif

Picked up a Wii U and Mario Kart today thanks to this thread...

Quick newb question: the wife played a round on the tablet just to try it out, and for the life of me I can't get the game to go back to first player using the Wii mote and nunchuck. It works in the system menu, it just refuses to be recognized in the game.

Funnily enough I've spent more time on my free game Wind Waker HD (best looking game I can remember), but I'm going back to MK8 tonight after I watch a horror flick.

Back