mario kart 8!

Do you do most of your purchasing digitally? I'm a dinosaur - I need the discs and cases.

I feel like it should get cheaper, but it is still $60, and Nintendo is notoriously reticent to lower prices on its first-party titles.

Lately I have been going mostly digital. I just find it a lot easier and faster. And cleaner.

I do have a pretty big collection of consoles, cartridges, and discs dating back to the Sega Master System but I feel like we're moving towards an all digital future so my memories for these new systems will be digital.

Physical. Never give up your right to trade, lend, sell.

I can dig it but for me I never trade in or sell my games (it's a collection thing) so going digital is ok. Not being able to lend out games only sucks for my friends.

Not that it pertains to Nintendo but I read somewhere that Microsoft was toying with the idea of letting gamers resell their digital games on the XBLA Marketplace. I'm going to assume that went away with the rest of the original features for the X1 but you never know.

Physical. Never give up your right to trade, lend, sell.

Yea this is how I feel except if I know I'm going to keep a game. For instance BF4 I'm never selling that game so I would get it digital. Same with Destiny.

gotta get my gamepad fixed before i get this

Not a fan of the Wii u what so ever. But i might eventually pick one up of craigslist or something to get this.

Love Super Mario Kart 64. I'm assuming this has split screen? Nothing better then having some beers with your buddies and playing split screen.

I believe in addition to split screen, you and one of your buds shares tv and gamepad and can play against others online.

Just picked mine up at lunch. MAXIMUM HYPE OBTAINED

Played through just about every level on 50cc. This game is goddamn fun. I'm using the old controls so far instead of the wheel and it's awesome. Must buy.

See you online.

Can you do 2 player splitscreen on the normal grand prix modes?

That feature was included with Mario Kart on the SNES, N64, and Gamecube... but for some dumbass reason they took it out for Mario Kart Wii and was the biggest drawback from the game.

I'll probably never play Mario Kart 8 unless one of my friends buys a Wii U because I don't have any intentions of getting one .... unless they eventually become dirt cheap.

Yes and it looks like you can play 4 players split screen Grand Prix this time too. Haven't done that yet but me and my wife have done two player Grand Prix and the option is there on the multiplayer Grand Prix page to add 4 people.

I think you're wrong about two player Grand Prix for the wii though. I'm pretty sure you could do two I player Grand Prix. I might be wrong too though.

Edit - I think I'm think of two player split screen online and not Grand Prix.

Last edited:
Dagnabbit, I ordered through Best Buy and chose to have it shipped. Still no tracking info and it's not in my mailbox. Should have picked up in store.

Yes and it looks like you can play 4 players split screen Grand Prix this time too. Haven't done that yet but me and my wife have done two player Grand Prix and the option is there on the multiplayer Grand Prix page to add 4 people.

I think you're wrong about two player Grand Prix for the wii though. I'm pretty sure you could do two I player Grand Prix. I might be wrong too though.

Mario Kart Wii only allowed you to create your own custom grand prix for splitscreen from selecting whatever tracks you wanted, for some reason they didn't allow two player splitscreen throughout the normal grand prix modes with the different level cc's.... which was one of the best aspects from every other Mario Kart game before it.

Being able to play 2 player splitscreen online sort of made up for it I guess.

Would love to have this but i don't want to buy a wiiu. Still have games to play for my 360 and I'll soon have a few to play for my ps4.

I'm surprised that there are actually like 8 sherdoggers with WiiU. I don't have one, and I also don't understand why this game isn't releasing on 3ds, their stronger selling console.

Right when I finally get MK7, this comes out and shifts the online community. Looks freaking awesome though, I haven't been a huge fan of the series since they fucked with the powersliding mechanics but this almost makes me tempted to get a Wii U.

my id is: Kazushi_Sakuraba feel free to add a legend!

Bah! Package arrived at my post office today but their window for pick-ups isn't opened on the weekends so I have to wait until Monday. Have a buddy coming over tonight and would have been awesome to play some kart action. Going to drive me nuts this entire weekend knowing it's so close yet so far away!!

Back