Marilyn Manson - The Pale Emperor

Saw him live in '97

Doing stuff like this

[YT]oOymiXZnD8s[/YT]

Was never a huge fan, liked what I heard but remembered him mostly from Howard Stern.

Was a long time ago , but from what I remember he was an outstanding performer live. He put on a great show.

Haven't really listened since then but ill give the new stuff a go.

Manson on The Talking Dead was cringe worthy but entertaining.

Can't get past how much of an arrogant self righteous douche he is to enjoy his music.

Can't get past how much of an arrogant self righteous douche he is to enjoy his music.

I never got that impression from him. I actually think he's very self-deprecating and in his own way, modest, from how he is in interviews.

If anything, I think that he should be criticized by being uninspired and lazy. He is fat and coked out, and recently he began to address his health issues so at least he can deliver a performance without passing out. Despite that he is a shadow of his former self.

The brains behind the operation has always kind of been Twiggy, but even he has run out of good ideas it seems. MM the band, has been victimized by external issues like Columbine/9-11, but also due to being cliches of rockstars.

There was also the thing that Trent Reznor accused him of. Something along the lines of being a spotlight-chaser e.g. being in the Eminem video. It brought him down a few notches IMO, but that's part of being in the rat-race when you are a shock-rocker.

That song deep six on his new disc is pretty solid, I saw him once live and he collapsed on stage everyone thought it was an act but it wasn't and he was ambulances out of the show, he blamed it on the flue but I think the Devils powder played a role in that disaster

Apparently being forced to jog every morning by your manager does wonders for your exuberance as a performer. MM gives a really good performance here based on the few songs I checked out. I don't think he ever tried to be Freddie Mercury, but at least he didn't look like he was gonna pass out in this show.

Last edited:
He was a poseur and always was. A few good tunes that were great because of the riffs not him. He is a tall skinny reject that stole from Alice Cooper p, Misfits, and NIN. I never bought into his silly Hitler esque imagery and then all the gay androgyny stuff. I would take slip knot all day over him because the live shows were sick. Korn too.

Mechanical Animals is my favourite album by him/them. Will give the new stuff a listen.

Last I saw Manson though was on that after show that aired after the final episode of Lost. The dude was a huge fan of the show. They showed a painting he had done of John Locke. It was pretty cool

I really like the song Warship My Wreck.
He can still scream.
I read somewhere that he's been looking awful lately. I guess the drugs finally caught up with him.
Falling off stage and talking a bit crazy.

He was a poseur and always was. A few good tunes that were great because of the riffs not him. He is a tall skinny reject that stole from Alice Cooper p, Misfits, and NIN. I never bought into his silly Hitler esque imagery and then all the gay androgyny stuff. I would take slip knot all day over him because the live shows were sick. Korn too.

your still knocking around sherdog....can you shed some light on how he ripped off those other artists, just curious ?

Last edited:
your still knocking around sherdog....can you shed some light on how he ripped off those other artists, just curious ?

That’s was over 4 years ago lmao.....I’m not even sure I still feel that way.

Back