Marilyn Manson - The Pale Emperor

Allright TS. I wanted to say thank you! This so far is my favorite album in past few monthes for sure.

Would have no clue if you havent said anything!

I was a fan of his in 7th grade but really lost interest quick. I heard on of his songs in John Wick and it wasn't bad at all. It is decent rock music.

Solid album. Grabbed the torrent after reading this thread.

I was a fan around POAF and AS (smells like children, never felt to me like a full album) and then I drifted off.
He always had a couple of good songs on each album.
I liked eat me, drink me.
Maybe because of the drunken careless atmosphere, some of the songs had.

Some of the demos/singles I liked more than the studio albums.

Suicide snowman, the suck for your solution, long hard road out of hell, down in the park, kkk took my baby away...

I will check out this album.

Edit: someone put online some of the AS demos.

Some fun and different versions.
Man that you fear is very different and tourniquet is neat

Allright TS. I wanted to say thank you! This so far is my favorite album in past few monthes for sure.

Would have no clue if you havent said anything!

Right on! Always feels good to vouch for something and have people happy you did. I don't often hype up things i like in fear of disappointing people.

a_560x0-2.gif

Last edited:
It's a solid album actually. Kinda shocking considering how much he's sucked for the last ten years.

It's pretty good I like all his albums though .. I even like the band goon moon with twiggy

huge fan of his back in the 90's. After mechanical animals, my interest pretty much dropped off.

I'll take your word for it TS and order the new album out of curiosity.

Same. Plus I saw him live a few times and he was terrible (!) (didn't help that he was followed by Metallica the first time...). Then Mechanical Animals came out, I didn't like it at all, and I gave away all the CD's I had to friends, and didn't listen to him again, evar. That was my first and last 'teenage music strop' :p Looking back though, Mechanical Animals wasn't that bad, and I still think 'Portrait of an American Family' is pretty good record & probably the best thing he did... IMO... :icon_twis

I'm addicted to this 'killing strangers' song - so sick.

MM always does his best work when he is copying David Bowie.

What songs do you recommend? I'm listening to samples of it on Itunes, nothing really sparks my interest though.

Anyone know why Twiggy is not at all writing songs on the album?

What songs do you recommend? I'm listening to samples of it on Itunes, nothing really sparks my interest though.

I am only half way through, but I doubt that samples show what the songs are like.
They are pretty slow bluesy and build up somewhat

Edit: an interesting quote from an interview recently

“There’s a difference between a man who has everything to gain and a man who has nothing to lose. If you have nothing to lose, you’re dangerous in a bad way. If you have everything to gain, you’re dangerous in a good way.”

Why not just listen to the whole album? 30sec samples do nothing to represent an entire body of work. If you're just going by samples or just refuse to listen to the whole thing then you're missing out in my opinion. best album he's done in a very long time.

Anyone know why Twiggy is not at all writing songs on the album?

I read 'personal reasons' whatever that means, never found anything that went into any further detail.

damn this quote made me cringe

He really just needs to drop that whole shtick.
Like many before him, he's so far into his own public persona/image that it's getting painful to see/read about sometimes. Kind of like Hunter S. Thompson - always a caricature of himself.

Back