Marilyn Manson is comparable to Shakespeare

He looks like he's gone through nearly three decades of not liking the drugs but the drugs liking him.

Last edited:
Marylin Manson was a rat catcher of socially insecure teenagers and a bridge persona from early 90s nihilism to US media and news landscape of the 2000s.
While his music is pretty rudimentary with catchy hooks and choruses he managed presenting it on the dystopian wave of nihilsm Trend Reznor and some other Industrial Bands from the 80s represented to the pressure outsider teenagers faced during highschool.
His persona was a fitting expression of teenage angst and anger and pretty smart but musically or lyrically nothing special at the end of the day and only interesring to kids or dumb people.

Last edited:
I remember being in high school and only the real odd balls liked this guy.

Like the kids who were too weird for even the really weird kids

At that age guns an roses is edgy.

There was a time when it was him and EMINEM that were the culturally accepted rebel music's. Play this and you mum will worry etc.

Lol at beck

Least you didnt say radiohead

I’m not a Radiohead guy But Beck is way better musically and His album from 96 was better too and so were many other artists that year. Heck you don’t even wanna go back to 94 when MM first came on the scene.

Manson is gimmicky

I’m really surprised so many people like MM so much and put him in such high regards
Yea because people who understand good music unlike yourself know he's legit.

Shit musical taste detected. You probably sit down when you pee.

But MM isn’t good music so I still have no idea what you’re talking about.
Yea it's pretty obvious you never got past his shock rock days from when you were still pissing yourself. Aside from that small moment in time the guys a fantastic artist you uncultured peasant.

Yea it's pretty obvious you never got past his shock rock days from when you were still pissing yourself. Aside from that small moment in time the guys a fantastic artist you uncultured peasant.
I was in my first apartment back then. We were big into goth/rock/alternative stuff. Tool, NIN, APC, Garbage, Deftones, Slipknot, Korn, etc. Manson fit right in, and I remember being surprised how good a lot of his lesser known stuff is. Plus the guy is one smart motherfucker.

I was in my first apartment back then. We were big into goth/rock/alternative stuff. Tool, NIN, APC, Garbage, Deftones, Slipknot, Korn, etc. Manson fit right in, and I remember being surprised how good a lot of his lesser known stuff is. Plus the guy is one smart motherfucker.

It's totally fine if people don't like his music but more often than not the criticisms never make it past the " smells like children" album from when they grew up with it In high school. Manson's newer stuff is genius. Pale emperor was the shit and I have played the album to many people unbeknownst to them and they all loved it.

Problem is people are stuck in the past. This dude has evolved a metric ton since his gothic industrial metal way. He's simply not the same guy he used to be.

For the people who didn't watch the video, Manson made a tryptic with 3 albums telling a story in reverse. Chronologically it was anti Christ superstar then mechanical animals and after that Holywood. The reverse order though for the story from beginning to start. Like who does that?

I remember being in high school and only the real odd balls liked this guy.

Like the kids who were too weird for even the really weird kids
It was the kids that bought a trenchcoat after Columbine. Like they weren't ostracized enough.

It's totally fine if people don't like his music but more often than not the criticisms never make it past the " smells like children" album from when they grew up with it In high school. Manson's newer stuff is genius. Pale emperor was the shit and I have played the album to many people unbeknownst to them and they all loved it.

Problem is people are stuck in the past. This dude has evolved a metric ton since his gothic industrial metal way. He's simply not the same guy he used to be.

For the people who didn't watch the video, Manson made a tryptic with 3 albums telling a story in reverse. Chronologically it was anti Christ superstar then mechanical animals and after that Holywood. The reverse order though for the story from beginning to start. Like who does that?
Music is a weird one because people get ultra snobby about it. I have entire genres I just can't stand, but I don't think other people are dumb or inferior for liking something I don't. Hell I'm an oddball, I'm used to people not being into the same stuff I am. That's why my best friend and I get along, we like a lot of the same stuff. We're always having nerdy conversations nobody else understands.

Th late 90s through mid 00's was a great time for music for me. Jut a ton of interesting stuff coming out. Made a friend at a job in 2004 that got me into more indie/alt stuff and that was a big game changer for me. Completely changed my taste in music.

If you actually listened to to either the video in the OP or even Marilyn Manson over the years you wouldn't have regurgitated such turd of a post. People who know Manson know he's a legit artist. But what do you expect from someone who thinks that Americanized Chinese food equals white privilege.

Damn this post almost made me do a spittake!

Lmao

This is blanket-over-the-head-mascara-running LEAVE BRITTANY ALONE level bullshit right here. Ha!

He's Legit! You just don't get it!

Damn this post almost made me do a spittake!

Lmao

This is blanket-over-the-head-mascara-running LEAVE BRITTANY ALONE level bullshit right here. Ha!

He's Legit! You just don't get it!
Oh settle the fuck down you dramatic twink. I criticized a stupid post don't be hyperbolic because someone else shares the same opinion.

Marylin Manson was a rat catcher of socially insecure teenagers and a bridge persona from early 90s nihilism to US media and news landscape of the 2000s.
While his music is pretty rudimentary with catchy hooks and choruses he managed presenting it on the dystopian wave of nihilsm Trend Reznor and some other Industrial Bands from the 80s represented to the pressure outsider teenagers faced during highschool.
His persona was a fitting expression of teenage angst and anger and pretty smart but musically or lyrically nothing special at the end of the day and only interesring to kids or dumb people.
Sounds like a Patrick Bateman monologue music review. Tell me, what are your thoughts in Whitney Houston?

Back