Margarito's CSAC license hearing streaming live now

I'm glad the lady is steam rolling him. I just think he'll get it either way. Which is a shame.

yeah I kind of just caught this at the tail end of her questioning, they are on a 10 min break right now it will resume @ 12:15PST

Is the CSAC honestly going to believe that he's been training unassisted while in Tijuana?

still no decision yet, should be one soon after listening to the hearing I'm more interested than I was on what the outcome will be.

Go figure... There is a lot of money to be made. A fight with pacquiao's name attached to it will be made in the states. This fight should make up for Clottey's performance. Margarito can't run away even if he wanted to. He gets offended if you can't hit him.

It'd be nice if Margarito recieved a text telling him this and left in the middle of this lady's lecture.

I am not entirely familar with the different ACs rules. From what I understand NSAC will not grant him a license until the suspending state (CSAC) grants his license.

Apparently this is different state to state since Texas is granting his license. I was under the impression that any suspension in any state must be honored by other states.

Can anyone clarify?

I am not entirely familar with the different ACs rules. From what I understand NSAC will not grant him a license until the suspending state (CSAC) grants his license.

Apparently this is different state to state since Texas is granting his license. I was under the impression that any suspension in any state must be honored by other states.

Can anyone clarify?

Form my understanding is that there are no national licenses, so a fighter must get approved by each state he is going to fight in. If cali suspend a fighter license, there is nothing stopping another state from insuring that fighter a license. That why Tyson was able to fight in Memphis after Vegas stripped him for life.

Form my understanding is that there are no national licenses, so a fighter must get approved by each state he is going to fight in. If cali suspend a fighter license, there is nothing stopping another state from insuring that fighter a license. That why Tyson was able to fight in Memphis after Vegas stripped him for life.

Cool thanks for clarifying that, I was a little confused because NSAC would not grant his license until the CSAC reinstated his license.

Looks like his license was denied by the CSAC

Can anyone clarify?

All states handle their athletic commisions individually. Nevada didn't have to tell Margarito to get reinstated in California first, they chose to do that to honor California's ruling. It was their choice. Texas told him the same thing when he tried to be reinstated 6 months ago, but now that he is fighting Manny Pacquiao and will bring bringing a lot of money and attention to the state they changed their mind and forgot about California.

Some people have pushed for a national commision, notably John McCain, but it has been voted against in Washington.

Too much money to be made and Jerry Jones and the Cowboys have too much pull. Shit happens when there is lots of money and powerful men involved.

Too much money to be made and Jerry Jones and the Cowboys have too much pull. Shit happens when there is lots of money and powerful men involved.

True, look at Toney vs Couture.

Tony should be banned for life. Imagine if he beats Pac? How funny would it be the guy who beats Pac can't fight in more than one state.

Tony should be banned for life. Imagine if he beats Pac? How funny would it be the guy who beats Pac can't fight in more than one state.

That's not something people going to have to really worry about. Tony doesn't have anything to stop pacquiao's momentum in the ring.

Denied, 5 to 1 no denial of license.

I support this decision really...

They said that in the event that he actually did not know that there was illegal material in his wraps, that he is not responsible enough to fight. It is ultimately the fighters responsibility to observe the wrapping of his own hands, and if they can't handle that responsibility then they don't belong in the sport...

that said, there is no way he didnt know, and rather than taking his punishment and waiting to be reinstated, he chose to work outside the reach of the commission and that will likely have an effect on his reinstatement within the reach of the commission.

I don't think that Texas will approve him either.

I support this decision really...

They said that in the event that he actually did not know that there was illegal material in his wraps, that he is not responsible enough to fight. It is ultimately the fighters responsibility to observe the wrapping of his own hands, and if they can't handle that responsibility then they don't belong in the sport...

that said, there is no way he didnt know, and rather than taking his punishment and waiting to be reinstated, he chose to work outside the reach of the commission and that will likely have an effect on his reinstatement within the reach of the commission.

I don't think that Texas will approve him either.

Yeah, I thought about that earlier, the maybe if he didn't take the fight in Mex and didn't try to get licensed in NV, then maybe they would have given his license back.

Oh, Texas will give him his license, so he could fight. Texas doesn't care about other states. they gave Valero his license after NY turned him down twice for Medical reason and a DWI charge.

Back