Margarito: Plaster Gate

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by Ring sting, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Ring sting

Ring sting White Belt

Everybody knows the extent of the damage margarito could have caused against Shane Mosley with plaster of paris wraps. Think back to Luis Resto vs Billy Collins documentary to see just how much damage. If Margarito had of killed Shane or any other opponents he may or may not have used it on how could anyone in boxing forgive him?! However I am sick of reading time after time people slating him and taking all credit away from his career because of the incident. He was a very good fighter. Just having plaster in your gloves wont get you to the level of the sport Margarito was in.

He was an excellent pressure fighter with relentless rangy combinations and devastating uppercuts and body shots. But most of all he had a granite chin and an unbelievable heart not to mention a never ending gas tank! So I think people writing him off completely against Pacman is wrong. He has a chance. And not just a punchers one.:icon_twis

WAR MARGARITO

2. M o A

M o A Banned Banned

The guy should be banned from the sport permanently, end of.

3. MisterT

MisterT Brown Belt

this. /thread

4. Ring sting

Ring sting White Belt

I am not condoning his cheating in any way just pointing out to everyone that no matter what he loaded his gloves with it still took a great amount of skill to acheive what he did in the sport.

5. Lazy Man

Lazy Man Heavyweight Champion of the World

Not sure about that.

6. Ring sting

Ring sting White Belt

"Not sure about that" So you think an average second rate boxer could beat the likes of miguel cotto and kermit cintron if he only had plaster? You cannot discredit Margaritos chin he stood up to shots from very powerful guys and same goes with his conditioning. It takes lots of subtle angles and hard work to be able to even hit boxers at that level with a clean shot!

7. sammydavis206

sammydavis206 Orange Belt

Margarito gets no credit. He's a coward and a criminal

8. Ice Cold Milk

Ice Cold Milk Yellow Belt

Can't say I disagree too much with the threadstarter. He cheated but threw punches the entire fight and took some beatings. I guess nobody believes in redemption.

9. Corleone187

Corleone187 ㄥ8ƖǝuoǝlɹoƆ

It's sad but this is true.

The thing is you know if you take away boxing from Margarito you practically take away all his rights to make a living and desperate people can do desperate things....like say the Harlem Hammer

But you cant really let him fight again, it was pure assault fighting with loaded gloves.

Its basically a lose/lose situation all around for everyone

10. JerseyRob

JerseyRob Brown Belt