Mares looking very strong at media workout - video

busterwolf

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score

I saw the Santa Cruz workout and damn, this one is going to be close. Both guys looks in great shape and are looking very very strong. I can totally see this fight being a SD or a KO.

Cruz has at best average defence, average power and is even offensively only ok and that at 122 if Mares is any good then he should clearly win. Hopefully by stoppage

Mares is a slight dog, and I hope it stays that way, 'cause I think he has an excellent chance of ruining Santa Cruz' night.

Santa Cruz doesn't have the power to put Mares away.

I do agree with TS, this is a pick 'em fight. Can't wait.

It may be just my failing memory, but Leo should have a height advantage, that will totally open him up to Mares' money punch.

AKA---the greasy nut shot.

Last edited:
Mares is a slight dog, and I hope it stays that way, 'cause I think he has an excellent chance of ruining Santa Cruz' night.

Santa Cruz doesn't have the power to put Mares away.

I do agree with TS, this is a pick 'em fight. Can't wait.

It may be just my failing memory, but Leo should have a height advantage, that will totally open him up to Mares' money punch.

AKA---the greasy nut shot.

Mares should take this ! I hear he is doing really good. But we shall see

Wow. Mares looks sharp there. Nice video. I can't wait for this fight.

Mares hasn't looked too hot ever since Johnny KO'd him. Maybe he'll shine with the spotlight on him again.

I am expecting a Mares win as well. He has looked great in what he has been posting on instagram. Also very cool, calm, confident. Seems like he has matured a bit.

Back