Television Mare of Easttown

SSgt Dickweed

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Just binged this recently. It won all these awards but I find that the plot is very similar to Broadchurch/Gracepoint. I think HBO made this specifically to get Emmy Awards. I thought it was just ok, slow at times and very pandering to the woke crowd.

And I got a problem with the whole mystery aspect, and what was unravelled at the end. Seems like this is the "detective" that they needed.
giphy.gif

I heard great things about this show. Will keep a lookout for it.

Reactions: lsa
I couldn't make it past 20 minutes because A) the dialogue was bad, especially the scene with the young woman with a baby, dealing with her ex-bf then her dad B) Kate Winslet's perfromance was unpleasent to watch

I think Matthew McCannnegh in True Detective inspired Amy Adams and Kate Winslet to do similar types of performances on these HBO shows, but their performances don't work. It doesn't work for a woman.

I couldn't make it past 20 minutes because A) the dialogue was bad, especially the scene with the young woman with a baby, dealing with her ex-bf then her dad B) Kate Winslet's perfromance was unpleasent to watch

I think Matthew McCannnegh in True Detective inspired Amy Adams and Kate Winslet to do similar types of performances on these HBO shows, but their performances don't work. It doesn't work for a woman.

Actually, it really seems like the lead role was written for a male character and was feminized so that the show can win all the awards it did.

Just binged this recently. It won all these awards but I find that the plot is very similar to Broadchurch/Gracepoint. I think HBO made this specifically to get Emmy Awards. I thought it was just ok, slow at times and very pandering to the woke crowd.

And I got a problem with the whole mystery aspect, and what was unravelled at the end. Seems like this is the "detective" that they needed.
giphy.gif

Why do people spend so much time watching things they don't even think is good?

We watched it and I can't even remember what happened. Very forgettable show.

I wasn't crazy about it. Watched the same time as Under The Banner of Heaven. Now THAT was a blinding show.

oh man i thought it was really good- evan peters was really cool in it- i imagine it’s the part that got him dahmer- really good acting- plot twists that kept you guessing- and roy was in it lol

oh man i thought it was really good- evan peters was really cool in it- i imagine it’s the part that got him dahmer- really good acting- plot twists that kept you guessing- and roy was in it lol
He's always been brilliant.

Really? I thought he did just an ok job playing a bland cop character. Idk why he even won major awards for it.

Back