Marcos Maidana Officially Retired

Probably for the best. He probably lives very comfortably back home. And after all this time off and his weight gain, I don't see the same Marcos coming back anyway.

I'll miss his fights though. He brought us a lot of good stuff.

Yeah, just don't blow your money, Marcos! Live well, no bad KO losses, stay mentally healthy and get as fat as you like lol.

What a fantastic career he conjured out of decent skills and prodigious fortitude.
Beat up Floyd for 5 or 6 rounds, take a bow son.
Retire on your own terms, a very rare distinction in this sport.

Would have liked to see him continue. He was improving pretty steadily imho and looked great in the first Floyd fight. Will always be a fan because the beating he gave Broner. Can't think of a more satisfying beating since.

tumblr_mxu46cwtEq1qdgj2no1_400.gif
adrien-broner.gif

What a fantastic career he conjured out of decent skills and prodigious fortitude.
Beat up Floyd for 5 or 6 rounds, take a bow son.
Retire on your own terms, a very rare distinction in this sport.

Pretty much. He has had a much better career than Lucas. Sergio only dude from Argentina who got him beat.

Although, I went to happy hour, so maybe I am talking out my arse about all time Agentina boxers.

One of my fav modern day boxers. Hope he lives comfortably and has a good life, he didn't seem to be that much of a boxing fan from pieces I read and I was expecting this news anyway.

Fun fighter

Who wins from MM vs Hatton?

Fun fighter

Who wins from MM vs Hatton?

Like, now? Probably Hatton. He's got more experience carrying the weight around. That and the coke is gonna make him a handful.

Like, now? Probably Hatton. He's got more experience carrying the weight around. That and the coke is gonna make him a handful.
No

Prime Hatton vs MM around the Broner fight

Would have liked to see him continue. He was improving pretty steadily imho and looked great in the first Floyd fight. Will always be a fan because the beating he gave Broner. Can't think of a more satisfying beating since.

tumblr_mxu46cwtEq1qdgj2no1_400.gif
adrien-broner.gif

Those looping shots got broner all night.
Little ass Gavin Rees was doing that shit too.... But that guy's punch force is comparable to a butterfly's wing flap

Thanks for a fantastic career, I hope he has an equally stellar post-career.

A guy that truly worked his ass off fight in and fight out. A guy that did more with less natural talent through grit and determination, while not resorting to shit like Salido has made a career with.

I'm not saying he was a saint in there, but neither was he a dirty cunt.

Maidana was the definition of a true fighter. The dude was badass and deserves to enjoy his retirement.

Last edited:
Awesome career to Maidana.

Sucks for me as a boxing fan he's retiring but good for him and hope he doesn't burn his money and returns.

Pretty much. He has had a much better career than Lucas. Sergio only dude from Argentina who got him beat.

Although, I went to happy hour, so maybe I am talking out my arse about all time Agentina boxers.

CoughCarlosMonzoncoughcoughcoughNiccolinoLocchecoughcoughcough

CoughCarlosMonzoncoughcoughcoughNiccolinoLocchecoughcoughcough

lmao, you kidding me bruhv? Everyone knows that within the last 30 years or so, improvements in nutrition and training sciences have made athletes, including boxers exponentially better. Maidana, tho 2 weight classes lower, would prob KO him due to whey protein, creatine, and green and beet extracts, along with plyometric and crossfit traing. Didn't he, Maidana, use Alex Ariza at one point? That is like adding plaster of Paris to your gloves.

Back