Marcin Held just fought

Alex88

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Jeez , anyone saw that armbar ? That was sick.

fucking awesome...I wonder though wtf was his opponent doing? looks like he tried to stop marcin hips to turn...

fucking awesome...I wonder though wtf was his opponent doing? looks like he tried to stop marcin hips to turn...

Looks like he got off balance foreword and just posted to stay upright as his other arm was occupied, just bad timing on his part as the guys hips were already coming around. The weight on his arm made it to hard to pull out like he did on the first attempt.

Punching down and foreword easily gets you off balance like this.

He's been working on his striking a lot, and very nearly paid the price in this fight.

The kid's a lot of fun to watch, especially for F12 people. I don't see him being a Bellator champ, but who knows, his all-around game has improved a lot. It's nice to see a guy who is so good at adapting his grappling game for MMA.

I think he was trying to defend a potential omoplata by stopping the hips from turning and squaring back up.

I see that move a lot with the gi, opponent tries to defend an attack on their left arm by grabbing the gi with the right, so you snatch the right and attack that one instead.

This video is NOT from tonight fight FYI.

[YT]iVnAZWJqmhc[/YT]

Awesome, reminds me of a similar armbar I attack when a guy tries to knee-slide/torreando me too sloppily. I like how he didn't take much damage but was clearly searching for it the whole time.

But Jiu jitsu doesn't work in MMA.

No, its just that in the higher end of MMA finishing by submission can be pretty hard and the scoring is so that if you are playing guard you are most likely to lose the round.

He was a nightmare for all lightweights in any kinds of grappling here in Poland, the kid has unimaginable talent and great work ethic

Is he is still a brown belt? It's random, but wanted to ask.

He was a purple in 2009 so if he's not yet a black belt, he should be soon.

EDit:
I guess he's been a black belt. No surprise.

marcin1-444x668.jpg

Back