March 5th card - Luis Ortiz vs Tony Thompson. Saddam Ali vs Jessie Vargas

Ortiz knocks Thompson out within 2 rounds.

I legitimately lol when people act like Thompson is a quality opponent still. Guy is 45 and well past it.

Thompson still in there pitching? My guess is he'll hang em up after this.
I'm a fan of Ali, love this fight.

Why not fight Malik Scott instead, he beat both Thompson and the freah out a titleshot
People cashing in on Thompson's old ass existence on the world stage, and guess Ortiz thinks he deserves a shot after Jennings so sticking with easy fights for now.

I went for Peterson vs Khan, and it was almost sold out, so little chance. Khan has a huge following in and around DC, I was very surprised. I wouldn't know what to expect from this event. I would think it is pretty hard, if anything like Khans fight.

edit: we had the cheapest seats, but could see fine. Relatively small venue.

Peterson Vs. Khan was at the DC Convention Center I believe. I've been to the armory to see Hopkins V Shumenov. The armory is a smaller venue and the cheap seats are not bad at all. When I went there wasn't too many open spaces lower than myself to move into to answer NAC's previous question

Peterson Vs. Khan was at the DC Convention Center I believe. I've been to the armory to see Hopkins V Shumenov. The armory is a smaller venue and the cheap seats are not bad at all. When I went there wasn't too many open spaces lower than myself to move into to answer NAC's previous question

Ah werd. I assumed they were the same thing. Do you remember the name of the brewpub we went to? Or is the armory in a completely different area?

Tony's gonna have some boo boo's after this one. Well probably worse than that. You could put this fight on youtube and title it "fat old guy kills other fat old guy" and it'll be viral in a day.

Just rewatched this card. The other times I watched, I missed that Vargas was trained by Dewey Cooper, of k-1/kick boxing fame. Pretty cool

Just rewatched this card. The other times I watched, I missed that Vargas was trained by Dewey Cooper, of k-1/kick boxing fame. Pretty cool

Vargas uses trainers like toilett paper. He changes his trainer each fight it seems. First he looked really good after he went to Roy Jones but for whatever reason decides to drop him ahead of his biggest fight to date against Bradley and using a trainer he never worked with in Erik Morales who he of course also left right afterwards.

No trainer will make a difference if you train with him 8 weeks and often even if th trainer fits a fightert there's an adjustement period and Roy Jones even seemed to work with him. Fighters who change trainers like that usually are the issue themselves. Obviously sometimes fighters need to change trainers but it's not wise to do so before your biggest fight as it's a huge gamble and to do it on such short notice and Vargas seems like he isn't just on the hunt for the right trainer but the guy who doesn't get along with any trainer.

Guys like him usually don't imrpove a lot as they neevr commit to a trainer long enough for it to make a difference.

Back