Marcelo vs. Xande (ADCC 2005) - this is JJ!!!

tudor_bjj

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
It was for the 3rd place. An advantage of 30 kg in Xande's favor . Marcelo escaped in a blitz the mount, swept him with a double, broke twice his guard, passed to take the back and finished with the rear choke. Now, this is what I call JJ! And Xande is no Ricco...

Marcelo Garcia is probably one of the greatest examples of how Jiu Jitsu can be used to defeat anyone no matter how big or small. Him vs. Ricco was freakin poetic justice, and the crowd went buck wild. Awesome. I really wish we did better against Jacare, I want to see a rematch. But yeah, next to see hopefully is Roger Gracie vs. Marcelo Garcia, that would be some shit.

Roger and Marcelo already fought. Roger got a run for his money and won on points....

Yes, Roger fought Marcelo in a bjj match, very good match indeed.

30 kg is 70 lbs. Marcelo is 170lbs. Xande is around 210 lbs. more like 15 KG. It's a 30 KG advantage for Ricco when they fought.

Chute Stomp said:
Roger and Marcelo already fought. Roger got a run for his money and won on points....

When did this happen? Gi or no Gi? What was the score? Where did this happen? What event? Please if this is true, I must see it.

wOg said:
I think he fights a little smaller than 170. But that's about right. He's competed in the under 76kg bracket, which tops out around 167 pounds.

66-76 kg/145-167 lbs
http://www.adcombat.net/adnet/Wrest...asp?ShowYear=2005&Weight_Class=66-76&Level=5&

Interestingly, at the last ADCC, he was in the same class with GSP, Diego Sanchez and Renzo Gracie. Trigg was in the next weight class up.

Trigg didn't have proper time to cut weight so he fought in his natural weight class. I've met Marcelinho personally and I'd say he's around 165 lbs.

sakufan said:
Trigg didn't have proper time to cut weight so he fought in his natural weight class. I've met Marcelinho personally and I'd say he's around 165 lbs.

You ever roll with him? Does he have a green aura around him like in my dreams? I mean...*ahem!* Cool, yes, meeting him is cool. Wish I could, in a manly way of course.

sakufan said:
30 kg is 70 lbs. Marcelo is 170lbs. Xande is around 210 lbs. more like 15 KG. It's a 30 KG advantage for Ricco when they fought.
Marcelo is more like 160 lbs.

Dominic Kihlstrand said:
When did this happen? Gi or no Gi? What was the score? Where did this happen? What event? Please if this is true, I must see it.

2004 Mundials... Absolute semi's Roger won 10 - 2

The graphic display says Marcelo 65 kg, Xande 95 kg, but they must be wrong regarding Marcelo' weight. He fought in the 66 to 76 weight class. Maybe he was at 75...

Back