Marcelo Rolling with Ben Askren

Man Marcelo makes it look so easy and effortless....I wish i could have a tenth of that talent and skill

Marcelo is the man. Does anyone know if he is going to try another shot at MMA? If he worked on his wrestling for MMA, he would be so sick.

I dunno. Over at mginaction I think they've said his main focus is building up his NYC school, and continuing to do the big gi and no-gi tournaments, because there was a while there where he was kind of M.I.A. I don't think there are plans for MMA anytime soon. Who knows though. I'll ask for you at the forums over there and I'll tell you the reply.

Nice to see that Askren is getting time in with serious grapplers.

So dumbfounding... I feel like the dude against the wall... just unable to comprehend.

I really like the little flower sweep at 4:00 too...nothing amazing, just manipulates the arm and poof... there goes the sweep.

I don't even want to talk about what I saw at 1:27... I don't even want to talk about it.

The guillotine threat is fucking everywhere. It creates so many other openings for him. I mean... it's like having a crab grab your foot in the ocean... AHHH ... fuck! Get this shit off me.

You know that feeling you get when you roll with someone much better than you who destroys you effortlessly? I get that just from watching that video…

When you think about it, all his moves are so basic too. He has a very straightforward grappling style, it's all about his timing, not fancy techniques.

That 'double' crucifix at the end was fucking ridiculous.

Oh, and scissor sweeping a world class wrestler? GTFOH!

This is an incredible video. It shows how smooth MG really is as if we did not know it already.

But guys take a step back for a second, this is a training video and it is obvious Askren is being a good partner and try to "jiu jitsu" with MG and not "wrestle" MG.

As good as a wrestler Askren may be he obviously has a way to go to even come close to MG in BJJ.

I did wonder how many chokes it would take before Askren started protecting his neck though.

:)

Watching Marcelo is always inspiring. Askren is clearly "playing bjj" with Marcelo, as a previous poster mentioned.

The only way to beat him is to do what Popovich did in ADCC, stall like crazy and play for last second points instead of trying to play BJJ with him. He's just too fucking good.

Watching Marcelo is always inspiring. Askren is clearly "playing bjj" with Marcelo, as a previous poster mentioned.

The only way to beat him is to do what Popovich did in ADCC, stall like crazy and play for last second points instead of trying to play BJJ with him. He's just too fucking good.

LOL, agreed. Basically "wrestle" him. Try to get the takedown before he pulls guard and try like hell to pin him down if you can.

But guys take a step back for a second, this is a training video and it is obvious Askren is being a good partner and try to "jiu jitsu" with MG and not "wrestle" MG.

As good as a wrestler Askren may be he obviously has a way to go to even come close to MG in BJJ.

Denial. I hope MG Pins him next time they train and they start standing.

I dont even know what that last submission is, that was just ridiculous. I think he made it up on the spot.

that final choke where he pinned both arms behind askrens back w/ his legs... un fucking believable!

Back