Marcelo is BACK

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by GordoBarraBJJ, Feb 2, 2020.

1. GordoBarraBJJ Titanium Belt

With a potential (according to Faria) new instructional:

2. tekkenfan Banned Banned

weird how hed do this when he has his owns site but tbh his site isnt greatly structured which is why i prefer dvds cause they stay on the same topic and show all the tecs counters ect vs having 30k moves that are random and you have to just do tons re search to make a system yourself

3. GordoBarraBJJ Titanium Belt

I wish he'd do a guillotine series.

And I'm buying this. I find bjj fanatics a bit sub par at times but Marcelo is my all time fave.

4. tekkenfan Banned Banned

tbh i dislike garcias butterfly game i feel it works well for him due to being small with super thick strong legs most people can just club the head elbow post and sweep guys i think average person needs a strong over hook wrist control ect to hook sweep good guys

ill go for it if i dont have any control with a butterfly hook but tis more to just start a scramble and try to snatch something out of the scramble i make

5. yetanother Black Belt

Marcelo is so strong from all the butterfly sweeps he does so if you keep trying maybe you can develop the game one day.

6. The Thrill Blue Belt

has a N/S choke series coming out with them too

7. GordoBarraBJJ Titanium Belt

<DCWhoa><DC-Champ><{jackyeah}>

giphy.gif

8. Evenflow80 Purple Belt

If I had to pick anyone to train under it would be marcelo. Not only because he is arguably the nogi GOAT but because he is roughly the same.l size as me

9. tekkenfan Banned Banned

theirs tons of top guys who also play butterfly and they cant do what he does lol its due to his body type leo santos was one of first great butterfly guys he cant sweep like that jean jac machado needs his over hooks as well

i love butterfly i just dont do it that way anymore from 2009-2012 i use to play it like he does then started changing it later on

10. tekkenfan Banned Banned

i believe if u wana be a competaor it isnt always best tot ry to go to who you think is the best

not to dis garcia but he doesnt teach/do kimuras or any type of head and arm choke and the way his legs are he doesnt do certain types of open guards he completely fights how h is built which is great for him and guys around his build

11. tekkenfan Banned Banned

man that is one technique i do wish i had down but i already said ill never even attempt t mess with it until i get with a top guy who really is great at it and do some privates

12. rmongler Black Belt

Questionable attitude honestly.

You'll get a lot more out of a private with J. Random Champion if you have familiarity with the thing you want to work on in the first place.

Really at the limit it's kinda like saying 'i dont want to start training grappling unless i can train at renzos'.

13. tekkenfan Banned Banned

well reason i say that si cause the ns is one of those moves that either people cant do ti at all or they hit it like crazy like jeff monson garcia ect so i dont see anything wrong with trying to learn it from one of the true greats i feel that it is such a technical feel move that you need or i need a top guy to truly help me with it

14. Tebowned Boise Dime.

15. Kforcer Dragon Slayer

I love that snap-down guillotine with the fist in the center of the opponent's chest that he does but man, I felt like it was almost too mean to really practice. Very painful move. But very effective. What a grappling genius.

16. GordoBarraBJJ Titanium Belt

The video that @Invisible Jiu Jitsu put up on the Viera-tine and my success with the Darce as of late got me going back to trying to figure out how to finish the Marcelo-tine (high elbow) this video has really helped me and I'm starting to slowly see openings and ways to combine the different arm-in and guillotine type chokes.

That snap down choke is touched upon in this video and just that short bit has helped me land it twice (albeit against a white and blue belt).

17. migeru29 Brown Belt

i don't understand how can anybody learn watching videos. Probably is just me but i can't learn shit by just watching a video.

18. BJJ_Rage Gold Belt

Is. Not, I Lerned it through YouTube, and it’s my main sub from top, it’s a matter of feeling, oddly enough, I can do it mostly on my left side, On my right is not as good, eve though think I’m doing the same motion, I’m not... it’s a weird move

19. BJJ_Rage Gold Belt

Why would it be any different than learning in class? You watch the move you partner up with a friend you drill it that’s it, it isn’t rocket science and most people are learning via video these days

20. beat...people...up? Orange Belt

you'll just have to come and visit sometime :D