Aesopian

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
mgacademy.jpg

I'm moving to Florida.

Where the hell have you been?

I hate Long Island sometimes.

I need to get a job and a ticket down to the Sunshine state sooner rather than later.

Out of curiosity, who here can vouch for Marcelo's teaching ability/english?

Out of curiosity, who here can vouch for Marcelo's teaching ability/english?

I've attended one of Marcelo's seminars and had a private lesson with him about 1.5 years ago. I will vouch for his teaching ability. He's remarkably technical and has a keen eye for details that you may be doing slightly off. My brief time with Marcelo really improved my butterfly guard and x-guard.

His english, while proficient, is not fluent. He struggled a bit to find the right word at times but I had no problems understanding what he was trying to say. His english probably improved a lot since I've seen him last.

Cool. Sounds like a great place to train then. Somebody on here needs to bite the bullet and get into that gym!

I'm not training with Marcelo since it's 4 hours from where I live but I'll be making visits.

Marcelo's English is good, considering he only started learning it around 2003, after his breakout at ADCC, when people started hiring him for seminars. He'll always make sure you understand what he's saying or showing.

Jeff Rockwell, a brown belt and a friend of mine, just went down to train with Marcelo in his garage and had a lot to say about the kind of teacher he is:

Now, I freely admit to being a huge fan of Marcelo, so it was a big deal for me just to meet the guy. At the same time, I have been let down by meeting or training with​

Where the hell have you been?
What's funny is I missed a lot of training over the past 2 months due to illness, injury, ringworm and travel, and I came back to the rumor that I'd left my school to train with Marcelo full-time instead. I told them the 8 hour commute everyday was tough but worth it. ;)

Wish him all the best of luck and $$$ in this academy. Aesopian when you do visit please let us know his drop in rates.

I'm not training with Marcelo since it's 4 hours from where I live but I'll be making visits.

Marcelo's English is good, considering he only started learning it around 2003, after his breakout at ADCC, when people started hiring him for seminars. He'll always make sure you understand what he's saying or showing.

Jeff Rockwell, a brown belt and a friend of mine, just went down to train with Marcelo in his garage and had a lot to say about the kind of teacher he is:

Now, I freely admit to being a huge fan of Marcelo, so it was a big deal for me just to meet the guy. At the same time, I have been let down by meeting or training with​

anyone know how much? prolly $300 a month :(

From my understanding it is closer to half that price and cheaper than several other gyms in the area who do not have Marcelo Garcia teaching 5 days a week.

Sorry for the bump, but was wondering if anyone that trains there could tell me if Marcelo still teaches at this location since he opened up a NYC location.

He teaches in NYC now. He left behind a good instructor in Flolrida from what I heard

An incredible brown belt named Henrique still teaches in FL. Definitely train with him if you can.

Back