Marc Laimon on the Gracies

Yeah Laimon has beaten Monson. I don't like the guy, but he certainly has skill.

Lots of guys like to hate on Laimon due to his outspoken nature, his criticism of Rorion and other Gracies, and because he's not an MMA fighter. I do know that he's a very skilled gi and no gi grappler and many high ranking guys seek him out for MMA and non-MMA grappling. Anyone that says otherwise is trolling IMHO.

People can't really change my opinion on this. Laimon's shitty attitude makes him come across as a complete shit talking, Monday morning quarterback.

Heard many stories (mostly neg) out of the Gracie academy. I chose to believe them. But I think they have left Marc Laimon a bit traumatized and hurt... you know, like Dustin Daimond.

Just leave like a man and find a new gym and dont talk behind their backs 10 years after it happened like some teenage girl.

I really hate those pure grappling guys who think they can teach grappling for mma without fighting mma. Bravo and Laimon are prime examples of that.

What are you talking about Marc Laimon has trained some of the best like Frank Mir and Tito Ortiz.

When Carlson (RIP) came to London he was also talking a lot of shit about the Helio side of the family.... I guess the reasons are different but he's not the only one.

Johildo is on the money. Marc Laimon is a legit BJJ BB with huge wins on his hit list. Have I ever accomplished what he has? No. Will I ever? Not by the age he did it at.
Should he talk shit about other guys? Who the fuck cares? It was on tv, for all I know he was edited that way to make him look like an ass and sell tv. BTW, the noguiera bros., Lovato Jr., Bill Cooper and others like them would never train with a guy who wasn't 100% on point with his jitsu.

Forcing Royler Gracie to want to end a grappling match could be one..

Yeah, then getting completely DESTROYED in the very next match, retiring from competition, and refusing several offers for a rematch...

Yeah, then getting completely DESTROYED in the very next match, retiring from competition, and refusing several offers for a rematch...

Runner up in ADCC competition is an achievement to me.

Bravo is always going on and on about how the Rubber Guard is the greatest thing to ever happen to MMA grappling, as if he's tried it out or something.

Anyway, I'm watching the episode now where Matt Serra finally laid into Marc Laimon. Laimon just sits there like a homo.

Would you have done differently if Serra laid into you? As stated earlier, alot of the debate between the two of them was edited out (Most of the stuff Matt replied with).

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BBEkVs1ioV8&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BBEkVs1ioV8&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

@ 3:30 he starts talking trash

5:09 he says "we're the only team to have won Grappler's Quest 4 years in a row, and my schools only been around 2 1/2 years." wtf?

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AT LAIMON SAYING RICKSON WOULD LOSE AT GRAPPLERS QUEST.........LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Yeah, Rickson...without the fear of being punched?...that's just scary. The guy is gonna be 50 and I know some black belts that wouldn't want to roll with him for fear of everyone thinking that they weren't really black belts. The man is amazing. There is a reason why everyone with any serious credentials thinks he's the greatest grappler ever. It's because he is. (I said everyone with "serious credentials" because Sherdog noobs and Gracie haters don't really count. The man is sick with his jits...get over it.)

the thing is, when some white or blue belt newb on the internet questions rickson and says he isnt all that and talks shit its one thing, but laimon is actually a legit grappler and an accomplished competitor/instructor. and he says rickson wouldnt win mundials/panams/GRAPPLERS QUEST????? WTF!!!!!!

off the top of my head, paulo filho, noguiera brothers, the whole gracie family, and even marcelo garcia(i heard he calls rickson his idol in his new book) all say rickson is the best..but he wouldnt win grapplers quest? LMFAO! i dont know whats more funny, that actual statement, or that laimon was serious.....and if in fact he was joking, then its still pretty funny...so overall thats a funny statement lol

LMFAO! i dont know whats more funny, that actual statement, or that laimon was serious.....and if in fact he was joking, then its still pretty funny...so overall thats a funny statement lol

Laimon was realistic. He said it himself, the game is evolving. Rickson isn't competing so he might not be up to date. Before he was the only person with natural talent who had been training from an early age. Now their are hundreds and training has become very specific and improved.

Rickson is human. He is getting older. Their is more competition now than their was before. Their is better training than their was before. People are not new to the Jiu Jitsu game anymore. Tournament strategy has evolved. Guards have evolved. A lot of guys are going to be competing with an intensity that a 50 year old won't be able to match.

Laimon's words were common sense.

if you think rickson will lose at grapplers quest then LOL at you....

1. theres "masters" divisons
2. rickson knows about all the "new" guards, i guarantee you
3. plenty of top level grapplers still say he is the shit.

i wonder how many times rickson would tap laimon in a minute.....hmmmmm....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back