Marc Laimon on the Gracies

bingo....respect OUT the door when Serra challenged him (sort of) and he bitched OUT...RIGHT after HE was talking S***.,..
The guy's good, no doubt you can't really argue that....but F*** em.....he show'd no class. Not saying what he said about the Fracies isn't true or anything but just...show respect..simple..

Umm, not sure if you know, but there was ALOT of shit that Marc replied back with to Matt, but it got edited out for the show. Marc was, and still is totally willing to do a grappling match with Matt.

Laimon should show some respect to the Gracies for what they've done and are still doing for jiujitsu and grappling in general. And you are not in an inferior position playing guard game if you are Roleta, Roger or Werdum.

Laimon should show some respect to the Gracies for what they've done and are still doing for jiujitsu and grappling in general. And you are not in an inferior position playing guard game if you are Roleta, Roger or Werdum.

Im not saying Marc isnt a dick, but i'll also say that Marc isnt the only person complaining about the Gracie's stronghold over Jiu Jitsu. There is a long list of "Who's Who" in Jiu Jitsu to this day that say the same things that Marc says, only behind closed doors. Marc however is just really open about his opinions, and people slam him for it. I could see if he totally sucked, but his school dominates competitions, and he's a really great teacher.

I really hate those pure grappling guys who think they can teach grappling for mma without fighting mma. Bravo and Laimon are prime examples of that.

Right. Same thing for all of the striking coaches in MMA that only know Muay Tai for example and never been in a MMA match. Why do they think they know how to teach striking for MMA? The only people that should be teaching anything to MMA fighters are MMA fighters themselves right?

Right. Same thing for all of the striking coaches in MMA that only know Muay Tai for example and never been in a MMA match. Why do they think they know how to teach striking for MMA? The only people that should be teaching anything to MMA fighters are MMA fighters themselves right?

I disagree, and I think a whole host of MMA fighters who frequent the Cobra Kai gym would as well.

did you even read his post? I think you are both on the same side.

Lol, he was being sarcastic to the point where I couldnt figure out if he was being serious or not, lol. As for the people just hoping Roger would tap him out to a "Basic Armbar", one good thing I could say about Marc is at least he has even the smallest inkling possibility to beat Roger, but none of us stands a hair of a chance.

Yeah Laimon has beaten Monson. I don't like the guy, but he certainly has skill.

Lol, he was being sarcastic to the point where I couldnt figure out if he was being serious or not, lol. As for the people just hoping Roger would tap him out to a "Basic Armbar", one good thing I could say about Marc is at least he has even the smallest inkling possibility to beat Roger, but none of us stands a hair of a chance.

I could probably beat him at Scrabble... at least in english.:icon_chee

I am not a fan of Laimon's at all but you can't deny that he has put out some guys that bring a great BJJ game to MMA. Mir, Stevenson and Mayhem have all shown pretty good MMA sytle BJJ.

Umm, not sure if you know, but there was ALOT of shit that Marc replied back with to Matt, but it got edited out for the show. Marc was, and still is totally willing to do a grappling match with Matt.

I thought the whole point was that Matt didn't want to do a grappling match. He wanted to do an MMA match. If so I think he pretty much destroys Laimon.

I thought the whole point was that Matt didn't want to do a grappling match. He wanted to do an MMA match. If so I think he pretty much destroys Laimon.

I'd hope Matt could beat Marc in an MMA match, Marc doesnt train MMA at all. The entire time Matt (hughes) kept insinuating that they should just go ahead and have a "Grappling Match". Marc was up for it (although on the show they just showed him sitting their being quiet), and Matt just kept walking about and talking completely ignoring that Matt suggested what they should do, and ignored Marc saying "He was up for it". There was more stuff that was said but thats pretty much beyond the scope of what were discussing at this point.

I really hate those pure grappling guys who think they can teach grappling for mma without fighting mma. Bravo and Laimon are prime examples of that.
dude..quit talkn out yur rear end. Eddie Bravo doesn't claim to teach MMA Grappling. He would be the first to tell you that he isn't a MMA Fighter.

dude..quit talkn out yur rear end. Eddie Bravo doesn't claim to teach MMA Grappling. He would be the first to tell you that he isn't a MMA Fighter.

Bravo is always going on and on about how the Rubber Guard is the greatest thing to ever happen to MMA grappling, as if he's tried it out or something.

Anyway, I'm watching the episode now where Matt Serra finally laid into Marc Laimon. Laimon just sits there like a homo.

Laimon is opiniated and he pisses people off.

at the same time he is one of the first americans to seak out BJJ and become a black belt. he had an acrimonious split from the Gracies and moved on to find the best jiu-jitsu he could.

haha i love the gracie love in this thread like they are the BJJ players alive

This is actually 100% wrong. One of Eddie's main selling points for his no gi style is that it is well suited for MMA.

Back