Many good competitors are dropping out of the UFC/ Fact!

99Silva

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Jon Fitch
Yushin Okami
Palhares Rousimar
Cheick Kongo
the list just keeps growing....

Will any of these fighters ever have a chance to get back in the Octagon? Like it really matters?

They were stinking up the joint. There's too many on the roster as it is.

thread title should say "getting fired" vice "dropping out"

man you're on a shitty thread starting spree right now

All good fighters but all with a flaw, be it being boring to watch, over the hill, a liability to other competitors, etc.

Will any of these fighters ever have a chance to get back in the Octagon? Like it really matters?

If Barnett, Tito, and Marquardt made their way back, these guys can too.

okami and fitch are still elite, despite fitch's recent skid and okami's unwarranted release.

You and I must have a different definition of "elite". I think Fitch's recent form proves he is no longer "elite"

Dudes who have never beaten a fighter that is still employed by Zuffa, such as Amir Sadollah, are still around and kicking.

What a travesty.

After the Zuffa bought Strikeforce the roster got too big. That and adding lower weight classes and WMMA ballooned the roster up even bigger. I think the UFC thought at this point they could handle having that many fighters under contract, but I think it was too much. It seems they are using whatever they can to trim down the roster without making it too obvious they screwed up.

okami and fitch are still elite, despite fitch's recent skid and okami's unwarranted release.

Yea. It's more of a case of how much they cost compared to what they bring in. Okami and Fitch can still beat a lot of the guys in the top 10 of their divisions, but not many people want to watch them do it.

Yea. It's more of a case of how much they cost compared to what they bring in. Okami and Fitch can still beat a lot of the guys in the top 10 of their divisions, but not many people want to watch them do it.
I don't think their cost has anything to do with it unless they got an extremely long contract signed. Zuffa can just offer them less. Like Wand wanting PPV pay and Dana saying no. The real issue is their marketability. How much do they add to the bottom line. Outside of the top 20-30 fighters I don't think fighter pay is that much of a big deal.

Oh, I didn't know that it was a fact, I thought it was just my imagination. I'm glad you let me know.

Keep Kongo off the list and Palharas(?) deserved it and I can only hope he gets a taste of his own medic wherever he decides to go... maybe he can go to "I dont want any UFC wash outs but sure I will take Ortiz" Bellator.

Back