Manuwa vs. Rumble, why?

rammpeth

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I dont think Manuwa fighting rumble is good matchmaking. The dude is pretty old, he is a possible draw for the UK and loves the KO.

Rumble demolishes him and that doesnt prove anything. Manuwa loses and any attempt to hype him up sours, considering they fed him to Gustaffson not long ago.

Wouldve given him a more winnable fight to build him up

Because injury happened that's why.

Build him up for what exactly, he is an exciting fighter but most probably will never be top 5.

Manuwa by KO will be a good bet, he can catch AJ if he's healthy 100%

Manuwa's decent, TS is talking about him like he's a can. His only loss in his career is to Gustafsson. He's a solid opponent for Johnson.

To appease the Just Bleed God. It's got a guaranteed KO written all over it, who wouldn't want to watch? Manuwa gets outclassed by the higher level grapplers and he is getting up there in age, this is the best type of fight for him.

Because they'd bang.
Because it's a good fight.
Because Manuwa is not fighting for the title so UFC can be not too protective about his resume.

We will see how good is Manuwa s chin

Manuwa's a very good, dangerous striker. Some MMAth used to think Rumble will steamroll him when they're similar in some ways, Rumble having better punches, while Jimi has better kicks. Both have 1-shot KO power and the quickness to show it. It'll be a stand-up fight between 2 of the best strikers at 205. It'll be fun (unless Rumble decides to LnP/fence press like against AA or Vitor).

Didn't think the match up made much sense either. Can't see it going past 1st round. That is all.

Jimi is getting old and had a few injuries so I think it's a great chance for him to make a name for himself. Another fight against someone like blachowiz wouldn't do anything for his career. A win over rumble would make people sit up and take notice

This is 34 times better than Rumble vs. Blac they originally had slated. Go from fighting the paper champ to Jan would've been pretty lame for Rumble. At least Manuwa is a recognizable name and a better draw. I got Rumble winning this, round 2 shoulder crank.

They just want Rumble to get a brutal KO and be "back in the mix"

Who else is he going to fight?

Manuwa's ranked #7 in the division and has only lost to Gus. He's also a heavy hitting striker, like Rumble, so it'll make for an exciting fight. Much better than the fight that was originally scheduled.

I would have personally liked to see Manuwa vs Rampage instead.

Back