Manuwa and Gus getting all slippery and sweaty together. *pic*

Semantics, and I think putting on some muscle will work for Gus. He relies too much on his elusiveness to get out of trouble. Trouble is with the faster more athletic LHW like AJ, it wont work. If he had enough strength to tie up AJ it would have saved him a nasty beat down. I dont want him to get huge, just put on more mass.

You are right but I don't think he needs to put on muscle to have a more effective clinch game. He needs to know how to dig his underhooks and know the correct head positioning to pin an opponent against the fence. Hitting the weights wouldn't hurt, but its not going to do much unless he makes a change in his technique first. He has enough strength for the division imo.

Semantics, and I think putting on some muscle will work for Gus. He relies too much on his elusiveness to get out of trouble. Trouble is with the faster more athletic LHW like AJ, it wont work. If he had enough strength to tie up AJ it would have saved him a nasty beat down. I dont want him to get huge, just put on more mass.

gus is strong as an ox
as strong as anyone in the lhw division

muscle would only slow him down and affect his cardio

Funny how fighting a guy can make u a new best friend

Happened to me in high school. Been friends ever since

Gus did the same thing with Phil Davis. He's a good guy, trains with guys he fights won or lost. I couldn't see Jon Bones or DC doing that.

Looks like you only assume he is not strong because of his appearance. You couldnt be more wrong.

gus is strong as an ox
as strong as anyone in the lhw division

muscle would only slow him down and affect his cardio

Gus is not on DC's level when it comes to strength.

Back