Manufactured Niceness...With Texts Page 6

Tugboat

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I couldn't help get the impression that after Rousey being herself all season someone realized they needed to manufacture some niceness so her image didn't take a complete dive.

Like a producer said we need to paint her in a positive light for a change.

So they told her to do the gift thing for Father's Day. All of a sudden she loves Cody, but she's totally hated Team Tate all season.

Then trying to stretch the prank into racism and convince the rest that's what it was. This showed her true personality, in line with the way she's behaved since day one.

Someone said hey we've spent millions on her image, we can't let her true self show and lose all of it.

They were working some serious damage control this episode.

Last edited:
Anyone who has seen Rousey on TUF has lost major respect for her. I was watching a football game a couple of weeks ago and the announcers were talking about how terrible she was. A football game!!

She's a whiney little brat and I hope Tate beats her ass badly.

Also, damn Tate is fine.

I couldn't help get the impression that after Rousey being herself all season someone realized they needed to manufacture some niceness so her image didn't take a complete dive.

Like a producer said we need to paint her in a positive light for a change.

So they told her to do the gift thing for Father's Day. All of a sudden she loves Cody, but she's totally hated Team Tate all season.

Then trying to stretch the prank into racism and convince the rest that's what it was. This showed her true personality, in line with the way she's behaved since day one.

Someone said hey we've spent millions on her image, we can't let her true self show and lose all of it.

They were working some serious damage control this episode.

I won't say that the Fathers Day gift thing was manufactured until we have a real reason to believe so.
Doing that would be the same as the few White Knights that say everything Tate does nice is "fake"
The gift thing was really nice & she should get credit for it

Now I do believe this next weeks TUF might be done to help the image of Ronda, but I need to see it & how RR spins her attitude (if she does)

Anyone who has seen Rousey on TUF has lost major respect for her. I was watching a football game a couple of weeks ago and the announcers were talking about how terrible she was. A football game!!

Really?
Damn that is pretty bad

She's a whiney little brat and I hope Tate beats her ass badly.

Also, damn Tate is fine.

x3

Now Ronda giving Father's Day gifts to people is "manufactured"? lol. Ronda haters going full retard now...

At what point has she done anything even remotely pleasant?

The whole season it's been nothing but spoiled brat, everyone sucks, I hate them.

The whole season it's been nothing but spoiled brat, everyone sucks, I hate them.

She has been good to her team

You're welcome to think that. But to pretend buying a few gifts for people is somehow out of Rousey's character and completely manufactured is to pretty much not know anything about Rousey to begin with. There's plenty of history to suggest she's capable and willing to go out of her way for people, and that dates back to before she actually started making money in MMA.

Rousey said she likes Carmouche so much she'd love to go surfing with her after their fight. They hugged right after the bell. They were cool in the post-fight conference. Kaufman and Rousey joked it up prior to their fight. Rousey doesn't like Cyborg, and she doesn't like Miesha, both for her own reasons. It just so happens Miesha is on the show. We'd likely be having a giggle-fest of a show with Zingano and Rousey braiding eachother's hair if Zingano didn't get hurt. Be thankful we have semi-entertaining television.

Last edited:
I don't think it's manufactured. There's probably some significance between father's day and what happened to her dad.

I don't think it's manufactured. There's probably some significance between father's day and what happened to her dad.

I don't even know if I'd go that deep.
It might be as simple as, one of her fighters mentioned being away on Fathers Day will be tough & she acted on it

Very cool gesture

TUF hasn't ruined her image- NO ONE watches it. I haven't watched a thing, just seen on 'the forums' how much of a brat she been, but anyone with a brain knows its an act

TUF hasn't ruined her image- NO ONE watches it. I haven't watched a thing, just seen on 'the forums' how much of a brat she been, but anyone with a brain knows its an act

More people see her on TUF than fight

You realize that, right?

More people see her on TUF than fight

You realize that, right?

Exactly.

Also, every time Miesha tries to shake her hand after a fight she sticks her hand in her face and flips her off. That's only "cool" to Diaz fans and her camp... There's no professionalism and no representation of maturity. You'd think an Olympian would give two shits about how they represent themselves.

If any other division champ did what she does they'd be absolutely hated.

If Aldo, Cain, GSP... Imagine GSP coaching TUF and flipping off Kos after every fight.

Lost all respect I had for her, but thankfully I still like WMMA.

Everyone has a good side and a bad side. Even the most obnoxious of persons. This is because everyone cares about someone at some point in their lives.

Just because the person that they care about is not you doesn't mean they are inhuman. Fact of life.

They should manufacture some intelligent discussion.
That racism rant is one of the dumbest things i've heard a human being say

Evidence of this where exactly...?

All of the fighter blogs from Tate's fighters except her little buddy Julianna have talked about how nice Rousey was to them.

before you start asking other people for evidence of anything, when are you going to finally answer what tate did at the pool party that was so bitchy?

They should manufacture some intelligent discussion.
That racism rant is one of the dumbest things i've heard a human being say

Dude, she sounded like a complete idiot during that rant. I'm pretty sure Rousey doesn't understand what racism is because she completely misused the word.

Back