Manual

Lustercross

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Okay so I have to get another car soon and I'm debating whether I should get a manual or not.

I have been doing research and apparently repairs are cheaper on a manual transmission? Does a manual ever become annoying or does it become natural like driving an automatic? FYI, I live in a small town so I won't be dealing with stop and go traffic.

The car I'm looking at is the 2007 civic coupe and my reasoning for the manual is mpg and repair costs. I'm just not 100% sure tho. What do y'all guys think???

2007 civic coupe = get a manual transmission

Manual is almost always the answer, you are far mor in tune with what the car is doing. Cheaper to repair, unless you ride the clutch a lot, cheaper on gas too. If your drive is all bumper to bumper gridlock, or very hilly it can get tiresome.

I generally like manual more, but it can get fucking annoying in bumper to bumper traffic, but it sounds like you don't have to deal with that.

Manual is almost always the answer, you are far mor in tune with what the car is doing. Cheaper to repair, unless you ride the clutch a lot, cheaper on gas too. If your drive is all bumper to bumper gridlock, or very hilly it can get tiresome.

I have heard about hilly roads making it annoying too. Why is that? Thankfully it's not like that where I live. Also, what does riding the clutch mean???

Do you know how to drive a standard? Are you comfortable with it?

I have no problem driving on hills or traffic with a standard. Just depends on the driver and how comfortable you are with a stick.

Do you know how to drive a standard? Are you comfortable with it?

I have driven it a few times in my friend's car but I'm still not comfortable. How long does it take to get the hang of it???

If you live in a small town then I see no problem with a manual transmission. Every dude should know how to drive a stick shift. Repairs are cheaper as well because it's usually a clutch that goes out.

This IMO. The only time I like having an automatic is in heavy city traffic, where you must shift constantly. Even then, it becomes second nature after a while.

There is something annoying, with every automatic, about not being able to keep the car in one gear when you want to.

Manual is better. The only reason I didn't sell my Civic when I bought my 66 Newport was to fulfill the need to row my own gears when I'm feeling like carving some back roads.

+1 for manual.

They're (almost always) cheaper to buy than automatics as well.

I have owned both manual and automatic transmission vehicles. In a smaller vehicle, I think I would prefer the manual.

I have driven it a few times in my friend's car but I'm still not comfortable. How long does it take to get the hang of it???

Depends on the person honestly. Just like all things practice makes perfect my friend.

They can teach 17 year old girls to shift gears in like 2 hours. You'll be fine. You'd be shifting like a champ within the week.

Okay so I have to get another car soon and I'm debating whether I should get a manual or not.

I have been doing research and apparently repairs are cheaper on a manual transmission? Does a manual ever become annoying or does it become natural like driving an automatic? FYI, I live in a small town so I won't be dealing with stop and go traffic.

The car I'm looking at is the 2007 civic coupe and my reasoning for the manual is mpg and repair costs. I'm just not 100% sure tho. What do y'all guys think???

You're in Texas.

It's not like you're doing bumper to bumper commutes or city driving on hills in San Francisco. You'll be fine with a manual.

Manual is also safer in my opinion since you actually have to pay attention to driving your car.

Too hard to talk on the phone and eat a burrito with a manual.

Automatic ftw.

Manual vehicles (the non-commercial ones anyways) are drying up fast. is 20 miles more per tank worth it? meh, unless you're driving something sporty or and old ass daily driver, i'd pass.

Back