Mannydonado: "I only took it cause it was 5 rds", "almost reggreted"

awesome quote (though translated) I can totally see Maldonado saying that over the phone to his manager while he's laying in bed taking the call.

"claro, afinal, eu sou homem"

Ask any Brazilian, this was the most accurate translation possible for these words.

I may have left some small issues when correcting the google translation, but that wasn't one of them.

if he can stop Miocic takedown, and KO him. he probably could do the same to Davis, Bader, or even Jones

"Sure,after all,I am a man"

take note pansies
Whatever UFC "pansies" that was directed towards would beat you within an inch of your life while texting on their phone at the same time.

Props to the man for taking a tough fight on short notice. A fight that benefits his career even if he loses. He gets more exposure on a bigger stage and some currency in the 'favor bank' from the UFC and a win wouid be beyond huge.

It's fine to admire his attitude. It's even fine to disregard he had second thoughts or that he would have turned it down if it was 3 rounds because these guys have to earn a living and cant just put pride above smart career decisions. But when you try to start living through someone else to the point that you are calling elite mixed martial artists pansies from your couch...well, that pretty much speaks for itself. You might want to reel it in a little.

Whatever UFC "pansies" that was directed towards would beat you within an inch of your life while texting on their phone at the same time.

Props to the man for taking a tough fight on short notice. A fight that benefits his career even if he loses. He gets more exposure on a bigger stage and some currency in the 'favor bank' from the UFC and a win wouid be beyond huge.

It's fine to admire his attitude. It's even fine to disregard he had second thoughts or that he would have turned it down if it was 3 rounds because these guys have to earn a living and cant just put pride above smart career decisions. But when you try to start living through someone else to the point that you are calling elite mixed martial artists pansies from your couch...well, that pretty much speaks for itself. You might want to reel it in a little.

funny thing is, your attack on me is what is pathetic here. you have no clue about who i am, yet you make a statement like 'beat you within an inch of your life'. how can you know this? how do you not know if I train etc.? you don't. you just want to come in here and seem 'cool' by defending people you watch on tv & attempting to belittle someone you know absolutely nothing about. get off your high horse & learn to take a joke, moron.

"claro, afinal, eu sou homem"

Ask any Brazilian, this was the most accurate translation possible for these words.

I may have left some small issues when correcting the google translation, but that wasn't one of them.

I don't think he meant the translation had flaws, just that quotes usually don't have the same impact when not in the original idiom.

This is how legends are born. If Maldonado wins this one fight, Rocky style, he'll be loved and rembered by fans more than any new breed, athletic jack of all trades with a way better record than his. If he doesn't, respect regardless. War Maldonado!

Back