Mannydonado: "I only took it cause it was 5 rds", "almost reggreted"

Have a feeling this will be beatdown of the year but props for Fabio on taking the fight.

Maldonado is awesome.

If Fatdonado loses, he should fight Roy Nelson and gtfo

There's a lot of nickname's that get created here at Sherdog but Money Mal is one of the best.

Have a feeling this will be beatdown of the year but props for Fabio on taking the fight.

You mean cagerape of the year. Cormier has a horrific style in recent fights.

Stipe's the man, great talent, respectful guy and will most likely win..... but the entire woooooorld is going to be cheering for Money Maldonaldo. What a fucking badass

(by world I mean mma community)

Yep.

Maybe he was talking about 30 minuts sparring sessions, but the translation was right on this one.

25 minutes session (5x5) with 1 minute rest in between = 29 minutes

he's simulating a 5 round fight since he never fought a 5 rounder and he has to be ready on short notice

Some people in this thread nailed it. You're overrating the fuck out of Stipe Miocic if you think he's capable of ruining Maldonaldo like Sergei did to Ninja. Maldonaldo has had more dangerous fights at LHW. Miocic struggled badly with Joey Beltran just like Maldonaldo did. Miocic isn't really a one-hit KO artist either. Miocic is the favorite and will likely win, but this fight is one of the least dangerous heavyweight fights that Maldonaldo can take.

thing is he might be standing after the said beating and if stip tires, then it only take 1 punch from zombie maldonado to put you down!! one can dream :redface:

I expect lots of body shots, he always bring those

Maldonado interviews are always quote worthy, love the guy

Props to him for stepping up. It may not be good for his long-term health, but it ensures his continued favor with the Zuffa brass, no matter the outcome of the fight. Guys that step up and put on a show get kept around despite losses - look at Matt Brown, Chris Leben, Leonard Garcia, etc; Perosh stepped up on something like a week's notice to fight CroCop at HW, and got a 4-fight contract for doing so.

How can you not love this guy? He is fighting the guy that JDS was about to fight and gives a record low amount of fucks. This guy would let you hit him 5 times just so he can hit you once, and he would love every second of it. He is completely outmatched in this fight, but I would be surprised if it still isnt a barn burner. I would fucking love to see this guy drop to MW where he really belongs.

Awesome fucking quote haha. Maldonado is the real deal.

Back