Mannydonado: "I only took it cause it was 5 rds", "almost reggreted"

ovbious

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
--How was the conversation and the negotiation for you to accept this fight with so little time?

Joe Silva called Alex (Davis, his manager) saying he needed my favor. It was Alex who called me and asked if I would accept. I told him to say "sure, after all, I am a man." Afterwards I thought the preparation would be difficult. A short and heavy workout, less than three weeks, but I still took it.

--But didn't you think it's be a risky move?

I must admit that I accepted right away, and then thought it would be complicated. But now I'm doing the very strong long workouts of half an hour. It'll be fine.

--Does it matter to you that it will be five rounds instead of three?

Quite the opposite. I just picked this fight because it's 25 minutes. If it was 15 minutes I would not accept, because it would be easier for him to hold me down . With more time, I can control the fight better.

--And how will you fight on heavyweight?

The only difference is that I will not cut weight. Rather, I need to keep the 103 kg that I am now. For this I am eating well. There is plenty to do. You train hard and eat well. I can not lose weight it now because the guy is over 110 kg.

--Do you expect a boxing fight, marked by striking?

Anything can happen, but I know he has a very heavy hand. He can knock me out and I can do the same. I'm expecting two things from him: boxing and wrestling .

--Can you promise to show the public that will accompany the fight?

I'm not there to give a show. I do not fight for it. The show is the result. My fights attract the audience because I leave everything in the Octagon. I just hope it lasts more than three rounds. I am gonna need this time to turn the fight around, because I know it comes as favorite .

More on: http://nagradedomma.blogosfera.uol.com.br/2014/05/14/seis-perguntas-para-fabio-maldonado/

Sorry for eventual mistakes in translation.

Last edited:
"Sure,after all,I am a man" the balls on this guy, not many fightes like him these days.

Thanks for the new sig Fabio, sorry they don't me enough room to include the whole thing. That's some badass shit right there, I'll be rooting for you.

Not really down with the blinding blue font, but man, this guy is hard as nails.

How do you not fucking love this guy!!! I just hope he's not fucked up in the future from the punishment he takes.

"Sure,after all,I am a man" the balls on this guy, not many fightes like him these days.

So being "a man" is accepting any fight any time no matter what it may mean for your career...pfft.

What a guy. Always has the best quotes even though they're translated.

Wish him best,ıt wont be harder than Glover fight but if he wins he will be a legend

Not really down with the blinding blue font, but man, this guy is hard as nails.

I use the mobile version a lot so I hate when people use yellow or pink to highlight stuff.

I'll try some other colour next time.

''I just hope it lasts more than 3 rounds, I'm gonna need that time to turn the fight around''. This guy is crazy

So being "a man" is accepting any fight any time no matter what it may mean for your career...pfft.

Dude will, at most, be a fringe top 10-15 guy.

I really think that because he have balls, he is taking some fight that could really benefit his career.

What would he gain fighting guys close to his ranking when he thinks he has (even if only a puncher's) chance of beating a better profile fighter?

Get fans, draw some audience = can demand money

He stepped up on short notice, fighting above his natural weight class to save a main event of a card.

Win or lose, he's now a golden boy in the eyes of the UFC brass.

Huge balls + smart career move = man.

Clearly you wouldn't understand.

Fabio is a cool dude, I like Stipe but I wouldn't care if Fabio won.

Back