Manny Paquiao ......What's next ?

4daLuLZ

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
So what fight do you like next for MP ?

Me, I think he should stay away from Errol Spence. At this stage of his career, he's earned that. Aint no need for that. He's run into and through a lot of brick walls in his boxing career. He's earned a break from our unreasonable expectations, i think.

I like Danny Garcia or Mikey Garcia. Incremental additions to his legend, if he wins.

What say ye, Sherdog ?

He should absolutely ride in the sunset, and sadly, he’s unlikely to do so. He’ll go out on a L, maybe a brutal one if he gets close to Spence.

Chase indisputable all time great #1 with the Errol Spence fight.

Preferably, i would like him to retire. He took a lot of punishment in this fight and there’s nothing more to prove - I think this win elevates him to #1 p4p status of all time anyway. The idea of him once again coming back at 40 and beating the guy with the best resume at welterweight in his prime is ludicrous, regardless of the style matchup and he just did that.

He is simply the best.

Has to be something legendary to top this. Mayweather rematch may happen but if it doesn't Spence or trying to win another title in a new division.

He should have a farewell fight in the Philippines against a beatable opponent that is actually his size. No Spence, no Bud, no Canelo, nothing absurd.

I'd say Mikey Garcia in Manila, then retirement. I think he's way too fast and has too much stamina for Mikey, so it'd be a good farewell fight.

I think he should take on the winner of Garcia vs Garcia. He should beat both pretty easily. Personally I can't see Mikey doing much against Danny, he's just too small and weak. Shame that Mikey is too scared to face Loma who he actually has a size advantage against. I think he knows Loma is too fast and skilled for him which is why he is ducking Loma so hard.

I don't see where anything other than Mayweather or maybe the Khan fight makes sense. He (while hitting Thurman more) was getting hit a lot in the second half of the fight.

For the love of everything holy, not Spence. Or Bud.

Please retire. Go out with a hard fought win against a strong, young undefeated fighter in Keith Thurman.
No need to take any more punches.

Please retire. Go out with a hard fought win against a strong, young undefeated fighter in Keith Thurman.
No need to take any more punches.
Yeah that's how I feel but I also think he could easily handle the winner of Garcia vs Garcia. He looked fast enough and had enough endurance to handle a second rate WW like Danny Garcia, or even more easily a blown up LW like Mikey Garcia. I don't think Mikey will be able to beat Danny anyway.

Yeah that's how I feel but I also think he could easily handle the winner of Garcia vs Garcia. He looked fast enough and had enough endurance to handle a second rate WW like Danny Garcia, or even more easily a blown up LW like Mikey Garcia. I don't think Mikey will be able to beat Danny anyway.

I can understand this way of thinking, but I do rate Danny higher than you do. Pac might be able to outmanuever him for long stretches, but Danny would be dangerous every minute of the fight. Pac looked good last night, but he got very leg tired as the fight wore on, giving Thurman a lot free shots later in the fight. Does Pac take Danny's flush shots and timed counters without getting hurt? Maybe, maybe not, I just don't think he needs to find out.
I agree he would match up much better with Mikey Garcia, but I don't really see any interest in that fight at this point.

Back