News Manny Pacquiao will fight UFC superstar Conor McGregor next year, his office confirms. (Poll Added)

Winner?

• Total voters
I am skeptical that it happens but it makes sense for both guys.

Manny looked washed years ago but is winning fights again. He is broke. fighting Conor pays more for less risk vs. fighting an elite boxer

Conor's viability as a MMA champ is cloudy at best. Plus he needs something that they can sell as an "event". He probably prefers losing to Manny then losing to Khabib.

The complicating factor is like the UFC and ESPN. But with enough money to go around, you would think ESPN would be happy to do it if they control the PPV and the UFC will be happy to do it if they get another promotion fee off Conor

Pac against Aldo in boxing would be another massacre. I dont see ypur point. After he does his time in prison maybe I can hope he wins. I love to see rapists get the shit beat out of them in the meantime

I seen Aldo hold his own against Robert Garcia fighters he trained under Robert Garcia for four months in Riverside, sparring Abner Mares, Mikey Garcia, Vergil Ortiz, and several other top level pros.

Manny looked washed years ago but is winning fights again. He is broke. fighting Conor pays more for less risk vs. fighting an elite boxer

Conor's viability as a MMA champ is cloudy at best. Plus he needs something that they can sell as an "event". He probably prefers losing to Manny then losing to Khabib.

The complicating factor is like the UFC and ESPN. But with enough money to go around, you would think ESPN would be happy to do it if they control the PPV and the UFC will be happy to do it if they get another promotion fee off Conor
I was not aware Manny had money troubles.

I seen Aldo hold his own against Robert Garcia fighters he trained under Robert Garcia for four months in Riverside, sparring Abner Mares, Mikey Garcia, Vergil Ortiz, and several other top level pros.
Post the fight

Dude stop. Box8ng 8s an entirely different sport. Aldo is in mma for a reason. He absolutely would not cut it as a top pro boxer. Do you think he's in mma instead of boxing "jus cuz he love eet"? Wrong. He is in mma because he would not be an elite boxer but he has boxing skills. There is a reason Floyd toyed with Conor while smiling for the cameras and barely training. Its because Conor IS NOT A BOXER. AT ALL. Sell that bullshit to someone else. I know the price

Big issue is that McGregor's power does not translate well to boxing. 4oz MMA gloves are completely different in practical application. It's the same idea that on paper one would assume someone like Paulie Malignaggi would school Artem in a bare knuckle fight since he boxes but boxing doesn't directly translate to bare knuckle. It obviously helps a ton but Artem actually had a huge advantage in that he spent his professional career using 4oz gloves. Thats why the fight was as competitive as it was. Paulie would have mauled Artem in boxing.

Pacquioa wins this no matter what but hopefully they give McGregor some kind of leeway like the Floyd fight. The only thing I care for is the following like the Floyd fight.
  • Fight is at a reasonable weight for McGregor; 154lbs
  • Fight gloves are 8oz.

If they make McGregor cut to 147 or if its at 154 with 10oz gloves there fight is a far bigger joke that it already is. Not that the end result is different but concessions need to be made here for a guy 0-1. At least give him the massive size advantage with smaller gloves. Plus for safety reasons you don't want McGregor cutting a lot of weight.
the 8oz gloves would likely favor Pacman since he relies on his power and is tiny he needs that speed, Conor should demand the fight at 154, the 10oz will take away Pacs power and would give Conor the advantage in thudding power and he would be able to block more of the shots and man handle Pac worse than Jeff Horn did

I was not aware Manny had money troubles.

His money troubles have been widely reported over the years, including tax issues that seem to be a staple for many boxers.

For a lot of these guys, how much they make is almost irrelevant because they are always facing cash flow issues due to money going out the door.

In Manny's case, the usual culprits (large entourage, gambling, etc) are joined by the cost of his political career and (the belief) that he donates extensively to his church

Both teams are hopeful but it's up to the UFC to greenlight it (and take their share of cash) or not.

And I don't know if that Conor post was a joke but he looks like a slow and lumbering version of Conor McGregor

if that is true, respect for Manny for helping his country. even though he is a homophobic cunt.

His money troubles have been widely reported over the years, including tax issues that seem to be a staple for many boxers.

For a lot of these guys, how much they make is almost irrelevant because they are always facing cash flow issues due to money going out the door.

In Manny's case, the usual culprits (large entourage, gambling, etc) are joined by the cost of his political career and (the belief) that he donates extensively to his church
Pacquiao owed over 10 million in US taxes, he couldn't step on us soil for months and then signed with Al Haymon and he paid off his taxes for him and he fought Broner. Arum was shocked and thought Haymon couldn't afford to pay the taxes off but he did. Shout out to Al Haymon he takes care of his fighters for real.

Interesting. I had read in the past that he has a big hooker habit as well. Hard to imagine going broke with paydays like that, yet they almost all do it.

How the fuck is Manny broke after making 220 millions dollars during his boxing career ? I'm not saying you're wrong because it may be the case (i'm asking). Lavish Conor like lifestyles can burn money fast but if you make 220 millions and end up being broke at some point....either you are a shitty investor , did tons of coke like Withney Houston or got screwed by some agent or something. Not saying it's impossible but....damn

Was his contract with the UFC over?
Does retiring allows fighter to do boxing? Just asking...

Mayweather didn’t afford Mcgregor the respect to do anything but toy with him, and he was within his rights to box that way. That is not Pacquiao’s character however; Manny will train and approach this fight like all his others and utterly destroy Mcgregor in the first round.
Odds of that are very low. Conor has a good chin until he rans out of gaz. Just as he looked good at first vs Mayweather, he will hold his own for the first 2-3 rounds vs Pacman.

more brain damage and definite loss for conman but i guess he'll make a lot money...maybe he'll buy epstein's island

Back