Rumored Manny Pacquiao vs Mikey García

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
uh

i guess that works. Kinda thought Pac would want a bigger fish

but maybe he thinks Mikey struggles a bit at 147 compared to his natural weight

I agree but all the big names of PBC have fights lined up. Spence vs Danny. Porter is facing some German Kid. Ugas has a mandatory. Thurman is injured.

and Crawford is at TR island arguing with Arum about taking a pay cut.

so Pac-Man vs Garcia is a default fight, that Manny should dominate

I think Spence or Danny Garcia should be the front runners for the Pacquaio sweepstakes, Mikey hasnt done much to earn it but I dont mind it.

Good choice IMO.

Pacquaio doesn't need to be fighting young, big and good WWs at 41.

Garcia is more his size and would still be a really good win.
Replied to this thread before reading yours and make a great point, Spence or Danny Garcia are bad match ups for Pac, M Garcia is and always has been a legit top 1-3 his entire career but at 147 Pac could still make it interesting.

I think Spence or Danny Garcia should be the front runners for the Pacquaio sweepstakes, Mikey hasnt done much to earn it but I dont mind it.
With Spence and DSG fighting each other it makes Mikey more likely.

Pac can take an easier fight, he'll get a chance to defend his title and look good again in his 40s

I've wanted Crawford vs Pacquiao since 2014, guess it just wasn't meant to be. Mikey vs Manny is a great fight though

I've wanted Crawford vs Pacquiao since 2014, guess it just wasn't meant to be. Mikey vs Manny is a great fight though
Bob Arum was the promoter of both but dropped the ball. It’s not going to happen now

It makes a bit of sense. Pac doesn't need to be fighting elite guys who are bigger than him. He's a similar size to Garcia and this is actually a relatively compelling fight from a competitive point of view.

I wonder if Mikey can pull it off. Manny's sitting on a year of inactivity and he got hit with some clean shots against Thurman (which was surprising how well he took it).

i wish garcia stopped fucking around and went back down to 135 to clean shop.

but i'll watch this, sure.

Some of le lustre is gone after Errol beat him out of sight. A decade younger with many less miles, should be a good fight.

Mikey with the upset

I see this as well. Pac got hit a lot vs Thurman, and Mikey is more accurate and has better defense than Thurman IMO. Garcia is much more of a natural counter-puncher than Thurman, which is what gets Manny. (Morales countered him, JMM and Floyd of course did.).

Strat is to let Pac dart in, then counter and circle out while continuing to counter. That is all stuff Mikey does well.

Not a bad matchup. I can see how Garcia can time and counter old Manny hard.

Reactions: ssx
I see this as well. Pac got hit a lot vs Thurman, and Mikey is more accurate and has better defense than Thurman IMO. Garcia is much more of a natural counter-puncher than Thurman, which is what gets Manny. (Morales countered him, JMM and Floyd of course did.).

Strat is to let Pac dart in, then counter and circle out while continuing to counter. That is all stuff Mikey does well.

I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility. I just don't like how slow Mikey looks at 147.

Back