Mankind zero, Planet +1

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by TheonGreyJoy**, Jun 8, 2014.

1. TheonGreyJoy**

TheonGreyJoy** Banned Banned

to all those who think if we, mankind do things to make this planet unlivable that we would be killing the planet I invite you to watch the below documentary.

the planet does not care if we kill off humans ability to live and thrive on this planet and in fact when we do our worst to 'kill the planet', the planet than gives us the finger and thrives.

For GoT fans you will see the return of the Dire Wolf in this very cool documentary.

2. TheonGreyJoy**

tl:dw

Documentary shows

- life is thriving in the radiation zone both animal and vegetation where people expected it to become a desert wasteland. Animals inside the zone are bigger and healthier than animals born and living outside the zone.

3. heavyarms21

heavyarms21 Ryozanpaku Belt

If I was an evil bond villain I would want those as my guard dogs.

4. Leagon

Leagon Silver Belt

I always tell this to my hippy friends when they go on about protecting the earth. The earth is an ancient ball of metal floating in an endless void. It doesn't give a shit if you recycle. Any attempt to "save" it is a masked desire to save humanity. Selfish, imo.

5. TeTe

TeTe PopoZão Staff Member Senior Moderator

6. TheonGreyJoy**

if you address the premise that mankind is killing the planet with advancements and accidents like this then we failed.

We hear all the time people suggesting that as we make the planet more unlivable for man we are killing the planet, when in fact the less liveable we make it for man, the more the planet will flourish.

7. Kanster

Kanster Guest

At least this thread has cliffs because ain't nobody watching that shit.

Anyway, I'm pretty surprised that happened, radiation plays no games.

8. WARRIOR POET

WARRIOR POET Banned Banned

yeah, all those people who got cancer from Chernobyl are fucking slackers

you should take all your family and pets and go live in chernobyl and become super heroes.

9. TheonGreyJoy**

wow are you ever dumb.

the point of the thread was that while we can make the planet unliveable for humans and do great harm to ourselves, the planet will continue on and do just fine.

If you were smart enough to discern that you would see your post is quite meaningless in that context.

10. 5crew

5crew Black Belt

I have actually watched this Documentary few weeks/months ago. I'm was very please with the ending.

It's the ego of humans that thinks we will survive everything, that we are the ONLY intelligent species in the Universe and we can kill our planet. Like you said, we can only make Earth inhabitable FOR Humans, most people fail to realised that alot of wildlife lives in extreme conditions that we can't.

While I highly agree with the highlighted part of your quote, you also can't deny that human being will take down alot of other species while we "kill" ourselves. Earth itself won't be gone even if there is a major nuclear warfare like every "exciting Hollywood movies" tells us, but a shitload of other species could go extinct.

Those species that have a small group of survivors after we kill ourselves will no doubt boom in population. I have said this in multiple threads similar to this, just read about "Black Death", where countless people died but wildlife exploded within that 100 years. But when we got back in numbers, wildlife drop to 10% of past population again.

EDIT:
    I could almost tell you for sure that a large number of breeds of Dogs will die off if human go extinct. Those that were specifically bred as PETS for our entertainment. They won't survive in the wild, not for long. Practically "useless".

By this statement, some could probably guess I'm a Cat person. :D

Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
  11. Amerikuracana

Amerikuracana Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

When mom wants to kill us, she will make the bees die, the mosquito's deadly, and the bacteria resistant.. I think she recognizes the herd getting thick already. People complain about Russians and Europeans not "breeding fast enough?" No, those are sustainable numbers. The ones who breed more have historically done so because they die younger from disease/hunger/wtevr and had to. With medicines and food(provided by whoever) propping up societies where everybody wants to breed amap the planets population is going to become an issue sooner than later.

12. MadSquabbles500

MadSquabbles500 Steel Belt

And global warming will not destroy the earth or the flora or fauna. Instead it will evolve, but humans will have a harder time living on the surface and be forced underground. All we are doing is returning the Earth's atmosphere to what it was during the the Dinosaur age. There will be increased levels of oxygen. The animals and bugs will get bigger. And we wont be able to breathe it.

13. pointfighter

pointfighter Blue Belt

Meet the new ants
    [​IMG]

14. Cherdawg

Cherdawg Silver Belt

Well then...
    Looks like im moving back to chernobyl...

15. 5H3RD0G

5H3RD0G Silver Belt

With that evidence the world is still flat. :icon_chee

16. TheonGreyJoy**

not sure what this comment/joke is supposed to mean??

17. Kiddo716

Kiddo716 Cubic Zirconia Belt

[YT]NBRquiS1pis[/YT]

18. MadSquabbles500

MadSquabbles500 Steel Belt

And army of those can probably eat us.

19. aus101

aus101 Black Belt

My cat wouldn't last a week without us, the ticks would take it out straight away.

20. Xplosives

Xplosives Purple Belt

nice to see them repopulate the wild horse