Manhoef still wants a ufc run!

He just turned 38 last month, time is ticking for the guy.

He just turned 38 last month, time is ticking for the guy.

He's still easily more explosive than everyone else in the division outside of Lombard.

He's chinny because of damage he took at HW not because of his age.

He also said he would drop to 170 if he was to get a contract. Could he even make 170? Lawler vs. Manhoef 2, Manhoef vs. Brown, Manhoef vs. Lombard. Jesus. Make it happen Dana.

Those would all be FOTY candidates. Manhoef could actually be a serious contender at 170. If he doesn't get reckless he could knock anyone out.

With Daley looking to come back and Manhoef looking to join the UFC, there could be a ton of exciting fights to make at welterweight. I could also see Lorenz Larkin dropping to 170 and would like to see the UFC sign Doug Marshall and have him fight at 170.

Well, if they were going to choose between Daley and Manhoef, I'd go with the latter. Definitely don't need both, though.

inbe4 thatsracist.gif

Why the hell not?? This guy is always exciting

Those would all be FOTY candidates. Manhoef could actually be a serious contender at 170. If he doesn't get reckless he could knock anyone out.

With Daley looking to come back and Manhoef looking to join the UFC, there could be a ton of exciting fights to make at welterweight. I could also see Lorenz Larkin dropping to 170 and would like to see the UFC sign Doug Marshall and have him fight at 170.

I don't know if Larkin could make 170? He was a 205er, looks like an averaged sized 185er, would probably be difficult, but maybe I'm wrong.

He's not a real MMA fighter, he's a kickboxer.

Anyone who PROMISES to stand with him would make for a good fight. But it's a joke as soon as he gets taken down.

It's also a joke that he 'dominated' Lawler and then got KO'd like that. Just goes to show that 'dominating', 'winning every second of that fight', etc, all mean nothing against a guy who can finish you off in a split second.

Well it actually goes to show that you can't fight recklessly and you need to respect anyone who has a ton of power in their hands. Even the best chins in all of combat sports can't take many cleans shots without getting ko'ed.

I don't know if Larkin could make 170? He was a 205er, looks like an averaged sized 185er, would probably be difficult, but maybe I'm wrong.

I thought he looked small against Camozzi and Phillipou. It might be his best way to stay in the UFC and I think he could have more success at 170. Either that or he might want to put on some more muscle mass to compete at 185.

That would be fantastic

Well, if they were going to choose between Daley and Manhoef, I'd go with the latter. Definitely don't need both, though.

inbe4 thatsracist.gif

What would be the issue with signing both? Do you think they would both be demanding too much money?

melvin needs three more wins at 170. if he can do that, against decent competition, he should get a shot in the UFC. until then, no way, no how.

would like to see the UFC sign Doug Marshall and have him fight at 170.

Yeah............no. Just no. Doug Marshall is horrible, and I would not want to see him complaining every time someone planted his ass on the mat. All he does is throw haymakers and hit air all fight until his opponent is stupid enough to walk into one. This isn't Bellator, and no one would fall into his game, if you could even call it that.

What would be the issue with signing both? Do you think they would both be demanding too much money?

Do we need two guys with the same one-dimensional style in the same division? Did we need two Pat Barrys at HW? Apparently we didn't even need one.

I'd absolutely love to see, especially at 170. He just needs some wins and then who knows? Maybe we would finally get to see it. Business-wise it's a very dangerous decision, he could be a decent draw on free cards. He's the kind of guy that when people hear about him fighting, they're like "oh shit, I gotta watch that because we are gonna see someone get slept". He's so god damn explosive with his strikes, even at 38 years old.

At the same time though, he has too many frailties as a fighter. He lacks a ground game and has a questionable chin, which is understandable since he's been taking punches from some of K1's best HWs. The issue with that is that he could conceivably knock the top guy in your division dead, then lose to one of worst guys in your division because he got caught or taken down. That can hurt business if he beats the right guy but then loses to the wrong one. For example if he knocked Carlos Condit out (and he definitely has that kind of power), but then got taken down and subbed by Jake Shields in 90 seconds. It creates this disorder in your division.

All of that said, as a fan, I am mutha fuckin in for Manhoef in the UFC.

Yeah............no. Just no. Doug Marshall is horrible, and I would not want to see him complaining every time someone planted his ass on the mat. All he does is throw haymakers and hit air all fight until his opponent is stupid enough to walk into one. This isn't Bellator, and no one would fall into his game, if you could even call it that.

He is an exiting fighter but I get your point. He doesn't have much talent aside from having raw power and he antics are pretty annoying. I just thought it could be entertaining to watch him in a striking match with the top welter weights in the UFC.

Back