Manhatten Training?

Maybe I should have sticked around for another class, I'm just relaying my experience with their basic class.

I'm not being selfish in any way, I understand I need to help out people and hold mitts, it just amount of rest in between and how long I have to hold them was ridiculous IMHO.

Edit: I prefer partner up and do mitt work as I mentioned before, this avoids long periods of you standing around doing nothing.

ah! Ok I see your point. It probably ahs to do withteh various fitness levels. Some classes will have groups witha lot of guys who have been around at least a year or more and some will ahve a complete group of noobies or who has been aroudn for less than a couple of months.

In terms of consistant up tempo training, you may want to try going to class when Kru Simon is running it. He often likes to hurry people up and get them through their paces. This is not to say less of Kru Steve or Coach Emyr- who runs a good clinch class- but from my experience Kru Simon will tend to remind me of my boot camp days.:icon_chee

Lovin 5 points though are the competitors classes the only ones that spar? I know I haven't been there for too long, but I've yet to see any sparring. Do students need to arrange sparring amongst themselves or are there days where everyone will just spar (and it's not a comp. class)

i took a class at both five points and the wat.
I found five points to be a little watered down while the wat was a more intense. I would try all the places in manhattan and go with what works, remember sparring is import and in my opinion a must.

i took a class at both five points and the wat.
I found five points to be a little watered down while the wat was a more intense. I would try all the places in manhattan and go with what works, remember sparring is import and in my opinion a must.

Yeah I heard kru Nurse emphasize alot of Cardio before you get to even pad work or bag work.

But you got to remember, 5 Points is full functional gym and its got space!

Back