Social Mancare: soaps, deodorant, shaving products featuring: J’s handcrafted, Hoffmans, The Black Stuff

nhbbear

Duty Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
*edit: big changes in my soap preference. I am over squatch. The quality has dropped and the scents have become gimmicky. I don’t even consider them or duke cannon anymore. I prefer smaller batch, high quality soaps such as J’s handcrafted (good luck getting some) mountain goat soap, bearsville, sudsy bear, and a few others are in my rotation

Just curious who else has tried these soaps. I have tried almost all of them or smelled all of them from both brands.

For squatch, I have tried the cold brew coffee, the bourbon, bay rum, grapefruit ipa, Mars bar, Area 51, moon stone, smells like victory, midnight swim, and a few others.

From duke, I have tried tobacco whiskey, campfire, bourbon, charcoal, and a few others.

For scent, squatch takes it easily. The bay rum, grapefruit ipa, bourbon, smells like victory, and Mars bar are all fabulous. Especially the bay rum and ipa and smells like victory which smells like fresh mint. And the bay rum deodorant smells awesome. It is all I use now.

Duke takes it in the longevity as the bars are big and hearty. Squatch soaps last about three weeks while the duke lasts months.

I admit, I saw the commercials on YouTube for squatch and was intrigued, which led
Me down a rabbit hole. Eventually, I started buying lots of soap and use a different one each day. Gotta go with squatch overall even with the shit lifespan

Last edited:
I've only tried the Duke cannon bourban soap bar, but I really like the scent. I might try Dr squatch's Bay rum bar . I've heard good things about it

Last edited:
I've only tried the Duke cannon bourb as n soap bar, but I really like the scent. I might try Dr squatch's Bay rum bar . I've heard good things about it

That and the ipa are my favorite. The bay rum deodorant smells incredible

I've only tried the Duke cannon bourban soap bar, but I really like the scent. I might try Dr squatch's Bay rum bar . I've heard good things about it
Bay Rum is best smelling soap I’ve ever used. I ordered a sample pack and will restock with about half a dozen of those bars when I’m through with what I have.

Squatch has overall just felt like a better quality soap and I feel cleaner. I liked Duke and the Buffalo Trace scent is great but it seemed a step below for me. I would buy it again as I can more easily just pick some up at Target as opposed to having to order online for Squatch but between the two I’d go for the doctor every time.

I have also tried the Duke Cannon liquid soap and didn’t like it at all. I don’t like most liquid soaps though so take that for what you will. They just feel too greasy and like I can’t all the way wash them off.

Squatch has overall just felt like a better quality soap and I feel cleaner. I liked Duke and the Buffalo Trace scent is great but it seemed a step below for me. I would buy it again as I can more easily just pick some up at Target as opposed to having to order online for Squatch but between the two I’d go for the doctor every time.

I have also tried the Duke Cannon liquid soap and didn’t like it at all. I don’t like most liquid soaps though so take that for what you will. They just feel too greasy and like I can’t all the way wash them off.
Was that the thick bodywash that Duke cannon has ? I've been thinking of trying it.

Was that the thick bodywash that Duke cannon has ? I've been thinking of trying it.
That’s the one. I tried the blue Naval Supremacy one. It smelled great but it was just a little too heavy for me.

Bay Rum is best smelling soap I’ve ever used. I ordered a sample pack and will restock with about half a dozen of those bars when I’m through with what I have.

try the deodorant

I have only tried the citrus heferveisen beard soap in the liquids. I don’t like liquid soap either. My wife gets so pissed at me spending $50 on soaps every other month, but normal soap doesn’t cut it for me anymore.
Try the Mars bar. That is the cleanest I have felt. Has pumice in it

That’s the one. I tried the blue Naval Supremacy one. It smelled great but it was just a little too heavy for me.

I didn’t like that one at all. Same with the midnight swim. They were too strong

I have only tried the citrus heferveisen beard soap in the liquids. I don’t like liquid soap either. My wife gets so pissed at me spending $50 on soaps every other month, but normal soap doesn’t cut it for me anymore.
Try the Mars bar. That is the cleanest I have felt. Has pumice in it
I’m the same way. Instagram knows this and sends me all the new soap companies constantly. The soap business is the new coffee business, everybody is making one. I snatch them up almost every time lol.

I’m the same way. Instagram knows this and sends me all the new soap companies constantly. The soap business is the new coffee business, everybody is making one. I snatch them up almost every time lol.

I don’t know that I am down to try everything. I tied the goats milk the cedar citrus from squatch and was so unimpressed that I forgot until just now. I keep getting fb ads about rad soap and other companies but I am not trying them until they have a good flavor of soap.

I started using Dr Squatch products a few weeks ago. Definitely feel cleaner. Skins cleaned up. My hair is softer and less oily. I like the exfoliation via natural oats and other natural products. All together I just feel great after using it. The way I see it every kind of soap and shampoo I’ve used up till now is more or less the same shit. But this is definitely on a different level. I’ve got a subscription with them now.

Used Duke Cannon stuff in the past.

No complaints.

I ordered some soap from Dr. Squatch on the 7th of May...

Still not here yet. :mad:
When I ordered mine it took weeks as well. Not sure exactly what the deal is there. Amazon has spoiled us with getting damn near anything in your hands within 48 hours. Weeks feels like forever.

Dr squatch has the most annoying fucking commercials in the world

I started using Dr Squatch products a few weeks ago. Definitely feel cleaner. Skins cleaned up. My hair is softer and less oily. I like the exfoliation via natural oats and other natural products. All together I just feel great after using it. The way I see it every kind of soap and shampoo I’ve used up till now is more or less the same shit. But this is definitely on a different level. I’ve got a subscription with them now.

I look forward to using it. At least I smell nice until I hit the gym

Back