managers express concerns over bellator's sticky contracts

hmm...not sure what I would hate more,

extension clauses, the right to match material terms

or

signing away my likeness rights for the rest of my life regardless of how well I do in the UFC, the inability to have free reign over who sponsors me, or the fear that at any point even though I've signed a contract I can be dropped for any given reason...see Will Chope/Sean Loeffler etc.

Any athlete in any sport (or even fake sport) can be dropped for any given reason.

I agree that multiple extensions can be unfavorable to a fighter looking beyond Bellator...

So as I said.. The solution is simple... If you don't want to fight for Bellator long-term, do not enter their tournament or contend for a title... If you go for a title, you are agreeing to be a long-term Bellator fighter.

Cant have it both ways, fighters/managers.

PLENTY of fighters have fought in Bellator, elected not to join a tournament, and then moved on to another promotion after... Joining a tournament is a CHOICE to become a LONG TERM Bellator fighter. NO ONE is forcing anyone to make the personal decision of joining a tournament.

ffs, people are just searching for reasons to hate. Anyone who thinks a fighter should be allowed to join a Bellator tournament with the intentions of eventually leaving should they win, is insane.

I think you're missing the point (maybe deliberately as your comments here are very shilly). These champion clauses don't just prevent fighters from fleeing, they prevent fighters from renegotiating new contracts at terms commensurate with their own fair market value. Now I get that these guys sign the contracts and I'm all for the rule of law but I'm also all for this shit being exposed and dissected on forums like this so that fighters think long and hard before signing their rights away.

I really don't have a problem with what they do, they don't want people winning a tournament and/or a title and then jumping ship. That's completely understandable. It'd be better if they were up front about it instead of hiding that type of shit in fine print but it is what it is, that's the way business is done. I mean the UFC just straight up lied to Nate Diaz about being able to renegotiate his contract a few fights down the road, it's on the fighter to know what they're signing.

The only thing I don't like is having the prelim guys sell tickets and taking it out of their purse if they can't. A fighter isn't a ticket salesman, that needs to stop.

lol you cried like a bish.. I literally almost apologized to your dumbass victim act.. hahaha.. calling Bellator scammy as fuck isn't winning a point dumbass

when in any post in this thread did i play the victim?.. you reported me for calling the people who run bellator scumbags (the article pretty much implies that they are)...you randomly brought up your join date and post count for no reason...you rambled on about things you dont even know about all the while calling anyone who disagrees with you a shill... you haven't made one coherent post yet in this entire thread.. at all... and now i am convinced im talking to a child or a very slow adult at this point. again i say i am done talking to you.

I think you're missing the point (maybe deliberately as your comments here are very shilly). These champion clauses don't just prevent fighters from fleeing, they prevent fighters from renegotiating new contracts at terms commensurate with their own fair market value. Now I get that these guys sign the contracts and I'm all for the rule of law but I'm also all for this shit being exposed and dissected on forums like this so that fighters think long and hard before signing their rights away.

This.

And the fact that the "champion clause" extends to tourney winners and runners up as well is laughable. This clause is why a question why any fighter with any sense of self worth and ambition to fight the best would ever sign for Bellator.

when in any post in this thread did i play the victim?.. you reported me for calling the people who run bellator scumbags (the article pretty much implies that they are)...you randomly brought up your join date and post count for no reason...you rambled on about things you dont even know about all the while calling anyone who disagrees with you a shill... you haven't made one coherent post yet in this entire thread.. at all... and now i am convinced im talking to a child or a very slow adult at this point. again i say i am done talking to you.
you're funny to laugh at(not with)..
yea, yeah.. I'm giving you a kiss on the cheek because I don't mind people going full retard.. sooner or later you'll/they'll discover the pointless nuthuggery on their favorite promotions..
advice= post less, train more often..

yes the UFC is progressing but let's not kid ourselves that this is the case all the time.. many, many, many times fighters have go on without testing!!

It's been like that for years. It's nothing new UFC has done more testing than required for years. They caught Leben in 2008, that was the same year Bellator was founded. So UFC has done independent tests at least as long as Bellator has existed.

Dummy have you read his post?? who did the accusations?? who called who a liar??
paid poster I won't even bother..

You clearly didn't even read my post. I wasn't even discussing what he was talking about, I was talking about you using post count and join date like they actually mean something. Then, of course, you came back with that childish paid poster crap again. Honestly, has it ever occurred to you that if you can't come up with a better retort than "You're a paid poster!" you're probably wrong? Hard to take you seriously as anything past a troll when you keep spouting the paid poster crap. Give it a rest.

It's been like that for years. It's nothing new UFC has done more testing than required for years. They caught Leben in 2008, that was the same year Bellator was founded. So UFC has done independent tests at least as long as Bellator has existed.

are you admitting that UFC has done independent test on ALL fighters since 2008??

you and I know the truth... let's not try to paint a prostitute as a nun..

Last edited:
You clearly didn't even read my post. I wasn't even discussing what he was talking about, I was talking about you using post count and join date like they actually mean something. Then, of course, you came back with that childish paid poster crap again. Honestly, has it ever occurred to you that if you can't come up with a better retort than "You're a paid poster!" you're probably wrong? Hard to take you seriously as anything past a troll when you keep spouting the paid poster crap. Give it a rest.

Then you didn't read what he was accusing me for or tried to play a sneaky game..
He accused me not having a clue about mma and a basement surfer/dweller.
I played his game, I was not using my actually post count or join date as an argument. If you thought that I really hope that you're not a court judge.
I'll give it a rest when you or others give Bellator positive critique and NOT only negative.
Paid poster does exist and they have admitted it as well.. His logic "Bellator scammy as fuck" won't win him a Pulitzer prize soon
So I give it a rest?= take it to the anus?? No thanks..

Last edited:
as much as people like to criticize and complain about uncle dana and the ufc, bellator and especially bjork are the worst to go into business with for an mma fighter. the bellator fighter contract is atrocious.

bjork isn't in the business of promoting fighters and mma fights, he's in the business of making slaves out of aspiring young athletes that are pursuing their life dreams of becoming an mma fighter.

as much as people like to criticize and complain about uncle dana and the ufc, bellator and especially bjork are the worst to go into business with for an mma fighter. the bellator fighter contract is atrocious.

bjork isn't in the business of promoting fighters and mma fights, he's in the business of making slaves out of aspiring young athletes that are pursuing their life dreams of becoming an mma fighter.

The United States of America abolished slavery year 1865.
If you are accusing Bellator for slavery better back it up with documents or you're admitting a lie.

The United States of America abolished slavery year 1865.
If you are accusing Bellator for slavery better back it up with documents or you're admitting a lie.

read the bellator fighter contract. the answer is there. did you want someone else to do the work for you? before you respond, make sure you understand the definition of slavery. it comes in many forms.

read the bellator fighter contract. the answer is there. did you want someone else to do the work for you? before you respond, make sure you understand the definition of slavery. it comes in many forms.

yes point out the cliffs..

are you admitting that UFC has done indendent test on ALL fighters since 2008??

you and I know the truth... let's not try to paint a prostitute as a nun..
I actually believe it's since 2006 when UFC hired Mark Ratner to oversee independent testing.
I believe the UFC back when Leben was caught all 22 fighters on the card were tested which is the regular practice when UFC tests independently.

What a shitmove you take.
Bret Cooper replaced injured Doug Marshall & Anthony Leone replaced injured Silva.. this shows clearly your hate against Bellator.. yes they are paying you hard to look over this forum and create hate vs other org not named UFC..
and about the Steroids, Ufc time & time again pardons convicted Steroid users, since they are suppose to be the Role Model of Org. in MMA.
Meaningless fights are Sonnen vs Wanderlei.. 2 washed up fighters who gets a tuf show and main event not to mention that fake street fight.. *roll-eyes*
Statistical view Bellator gives title shots more deserved than UFC.. you and I know this.
I won't even mention convicted criminal Mr.Sonnen! yet other fighter got cut because of criminal history.

Ahem..

http://www.mmanews.com/forums/showt...-criminals-continues-w-booking-of-Dan-McGuane

I actually believe it's since 2006 when UFC hired Mark Ratner to oversee independent testing.
I believe the UFC back when Leben was caught all 22 fighters on the card were tested which is the regular practice when UFC tests independently.

yes I believe they did test all fighters because they weren't any regulations overseas..

Brian Stann: Drug-testing issues 'major part' of why I retired from UFC

Brian Stann told FOX Sports that he retired from the UFC last year, because he was concerned about performance-enhancing drug use and that it wasn't being tested stringently enough.

Back